F1

What exactly is WORTH £61 per race???

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 39 total)
  • Author
    monkzie
    Participant

Hi Guys,

I was just wondering that given the current BBC coverage gives us the following for free:

– Live Practice 1 (via Red Button and online)

– Live Practice 2 (via Red Button and online)

– Live Practice 3 (via Red Button and online)

– Qualifying (via BBC1 (+HD) Channel, Red Button and Online)

– Grand Prix (via BBC1 (+HD) Channel, Red Button and Online)

– F1 Forum (via Red Button and Online)

– Live race commentry from 2 former racing drivers – M. Brundle & D. Coulthard

– Additional commentry from E. Jordan & J. Humphrey

My Question is this:

If we currently get this all for free, what EXTRA coverage/articles/features/quality would it take to tempt YOU to consider forking out the ridiculously huge amount of £61 per race exclusively LIVE on SKY for next year?

Answers below!

David-A
    Participant

I don’t know. Maybe if they send me a cheque of £61 every race I tune in? Otherwise there’s nothing that would get a student to fork out that kind of money.

Prisoner Monkeys
    Participant

Considering that the only thing I currently get for free is the race (and interrupted by commercials and on a delayed telecast at that), I would happily pay £61 for Sky’s coverage.

DavidS
    Participant

A seat at the actual GP.

Icthyes
    Participant

Nothing. Well, maybe a free HDTV to watch it all on (which I’ll immediately flog, to an eventual profit).

@HoHum
    Participant

You don’t know how lucky you were. Sorry.

David-A
    Participant

HoHum, the key word there is “were”. From next year, we won’t have free coverage, which many other countries do. So we are not lucky.

Anonymous
    Inactive

I love F1 … but £60 a race is just not feasible.

We talk about young drivers struggling to get a shot at GP3 or GP2… not even the fans will struggle to watch.

Bring back A1 GP for free on BBC???!!!

http://WWW.F1PADDOCKS.COM

Girts
    Participant

I would probably consider paying £61 per race if the broadcaster offered all the features that Fanvision is providing now, just on the big TV screen.

Lachie
    Participant

Considering that the only thing I currently get for free is the race (and interrupted by commercials and on a delayed telecast at that), I would happily pay £61 for Sky’s coverage.

PM, £61 is AU$95. So if you can afford that per race you may as well head down to JB Hi-Fi and pick up a set-top box for a once off payment of AU$59 (and i’m sure you could find one somewhere even cheaper). Then you’ll get qualy and the race, both live.

Please stop trying to convince people that Australia is some F1 backwater of coverage when it’s clearly your own circumstances that are affecting your viewing of the sport.

Prisoner Monkeys
    Participant

if you can afford that per race you may as well head down to JB Hi-Fi and pick up a set-top box for a once off payment of AU$59

I said I’d happily pay it. I didn’t say that I could pay it.

KaIIe
    Participant

So you get currently all of that for free, just £145.50/year? :P

matt90
    Participant

If you’re saying you’d happily pay it, it goes without saying that you if the opportunity came up you could pay it. Otherwise you clearly wouldn’t happily pay for it because you couldn’t. I can’t pay it and would refuse even if I could, because £60 a race is a rip-off.

I would need included in the price for Brundle to actually come into my house and commentate besides me for every session, with me free to ask him any questions along the way. Also maybe for Jordan to be there so I can kick him when he says something stupid.

sumedhvidwans
    Participant

The question asked in the post already assumes that the cost of watching each race is 61 pounds. I am sorry but I don’t agree.

For the record, I stay in India. I pay close to 12,000 INR (assuming a conversion rate of 80, 150 pounds) per year for all channels.

When you say that each race is costing you 61 pounds, you are basically saying that you are going to pay for SKY and watch ONLY the race. You are not going to watch any football, any cricket, anything else. I just don’t buy that. It will be an incredibly small percentage of people who pay for SKY and then not watch any of the other sports. Most of the others are going to watch the other sports. Hence, the actual cost for those majority of the guys will be less far lesser than 61 pounds.

And I ask you all (those claiming 61 pounds) to honestly answer the following question to yourself:

Provided you register for SKY, are you really not going to watch any other sport? Ever?

matt90
    Participant

I really wouldn’t use sky for anything other than F1. There is no other reason I’d even consider getting it otherwise. Perhaps if you were debating getting sky anyway, this deal isn’t so bad because it means if you do get sky it becomes more worth it. But there are an awful lot of people who couldn’t care less about what else sky has to offer.

So to answer your question, no. Not on sky at least. Tennis is all on the BBC. Other motorsports aren’t on sky. The Olympics will all be on the BBC. Football I’ll only watch if there’s nothing else on, which means watching it on terrestrial TV only.

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 39 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.