F1

What has it been the most surprising thing for you this season?

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 18 total)
  • Author
    Anonymous
    Inactive

Just that, let’s see what things you remember so far.
    For me, it’s the way Sauber has bounced back. They started with just one car in Australia (Nico couldn’t even start the race) and recently they have been able to match or resist the Ferraris and Mercedes, which is awesome if you compare their budgets and staff working on the “big teams”

Diceman
    Participant

Mclaren without podiums. I was really shocked about their lack of pace during the first races, but I was expecting them to make strong recovery during the season. Well, that hasn’t happened.

the_sigman
    Participant

Ferrari has been making bad cars at the start of the season, and improve it at the end during the past few years. It was a big surprise to see the opposite happening in 2013.

Of cource I agree with the guys above me.

dot_com
    Participant

Williams. They won a race last year, had a decent car at most races, and there was a really good feeling about this years car. Combine that with the arrival of their highly rated rookie Bottas, it was looking like 2013 would be a great season. But no. Shocking season with just one point all year. As a Williams fan, this has been a really hard season to watch.

Max Jacobson
    Participant

The tyre explosions in Silverstone. I was not expecting that at all.

Lucas Wilson
    Participant

The fact that this season was 99% worse than 2012

Asanator
    Participant

Kimi’s return to Ferrari, As much as I wanted it to happen, I never thought it actually would until it was announced.

magon4
    Participant

Daniel Ricciardo’s good form and his deserved promotion is not quite surprising, but I’m glad to see it happen.

PhilEReid
    Participant

Vettel/Red Bull’s dominance. I suppose it’s not really a surprise considering how good both are, but still, after 2012 where there was such variety, I thought it would have continued in such a way.
    Also, on that same sort of trend, how good the Mercedes is compared to how I thought it would be.

Slr
    Participant

They started with just one car in Australia

For a second there I thought you were suggesting that Sauber had turned up to Melbourne with just one car between their two drivers. :P

As far as the most surprising thing this season, just one word: Williams.

Kingshark
    Participant

Mercedes have been surprisingly very good, at the end of last year, where they scored 0 points from Suzuka ’till United States, no one would have expected them with 8 pole positions, 3 wins, and 7 podiums this year, would they?

Williams and McLaren have also been shocking, but in a negative way.

electrolite
    Participant

Man, so many things! People might look back and brand this a Vettel whitewash, but for me, it’s all about:

– Mercedes being the quickest car over one lap for half the season
    – The resurgence of Sauber (but not McLaren, who usually always bring it back in the end)
    – Grosjean showing up Raikkonen
    – How fundamentally bad the Williams has proved to be, after how promising it seemed at the start of testing!

Loup Garou
    Participant

Hamilton’s decision to move from McLaren to Mercedes working out, considering that a lot of people called it ‘career suicide’. OK, so he has just won a single race and is out of the WDC running, but that’s better than sitting without any podiums. The way the Mclaren Dog has been functining this season, I doubt if anyone else could have done much better with it than Button & Perez have.

sato113
    Participant

how mclaren started slowly BUT didn’t improve to become front runners!

Enigma
    Participant

3 that others have mentioned – Mercedes’ qualifying pace in the first half of the year, tyre explosions, and Hamilton’s move proving to be brilliant. I’ll add Bottas’ lack of points (not his fault though) and Kvyat’s announcement, as well as Bottas’ 3rd on the grid in Montreal.

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 18 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.