F1

Where did the trophy go?

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Author
    Andrew70
    Participant

When the Red Bull team assembled outside of their hospitality suite for photographs, they had two Santander trophies and the impressive gold cup that Webber has been given on the podium was nowhere to be seen.

Why had that great trophy apparently been swapped for another of those awfully boring Santander ones?

SoLiDG
    Participant

they should be banned forever!

Ned Flanders
    Participant

Agreed. Out of principle I refuse to ever do business with Santander until they stop imposing their crappy trophies on the races they sponsor

nik

Last year when Webber took home the first Santander-shaped trophy (at the German GP, IIRC), there was talk afterwards that FOM or the FIA were looking into it to put a stop to it. I remember reading a section of the regulations that said the trohphies can not contain any sponsrship on them, let alone be shaped as a sponsors logo. I can’t find a link right now but does anybody else remember this?

They should definitely get rid of them. I feel bad for drivers who might finish their careers with only a trophy or two, only to spend the rest of their lives staring at a bank logo that signifies their accomplishments.

Anonymous
    Inactive
Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.