F1

Who are Forza Rossa?

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 16 total)
  • Author
    Adam Blocker
    Participant

Who are Forza Rossa?

There is a apparently a Ferrari dealership in Romania under this name, does this potential F1 group have any association with Ferrari? Is Kolles involved?

Or does anyone actually know who these people are?

Nick
    Participant

I’ve heard rumours they are maintaining the same crystal clear standard of transparency as the FIA themselves do!

Bradley Downton
    Participant

Forza Rossa is indeed the name of a Romanian Ferrari dealer. Seeing as how Kolles was linked to a ‘Romanian entry’ – of which I can’t imagine there are too many – I’d hedge my bets it’s the same one.

I’d also strongly believe they are linked to Ferrari, will run with Ferrari engines, and run Junior Ferrari drivers, much like Toro Rosso do for Red Bull.

ForzaAlanRabbit
    Participant

I wonder how they’ll do compared to Caterham, Marussia and Haas.

They’ll probably beat Ferrari in their 3rd year.

Bullfrog
    Participant

Not another car salesman! They’re everywhere in F1 – Bernie Ecclestone, Martin Brundle; John Button was another one.
    No wonder you can’t trust any of them…

Iestyn Davies
    Participant

Indeed… though I thought it might be called Dacia. Just a title sponsor? Ferrari have the drivers to place there (Bianchi, Marciello).. surely it would be easier for them to just buy Toro Rosso when RB want to get shot of it? Will Marussia turn to McLaren as Kolles turns to Ferrari?

Robert
    Participant

As Dacia is part of the Renault group, I highly doubt it will have any connection with Ferrari. Also, I haven’t heard any buzz at all in the local media, but that might be just because the national media are completely oblivious to any other sports besides football. I honestly think the Ferrari dealership having the same name as the possible entry is just a mere coincidence. Kolles was probably linked to a deal with Dacia if Renault had offered quite strong backing.

Nick
    Participant

I really don’t see why Renault would use Dacia of all brands to enter F1. Dacia is often marketed as ‘cheap but good’ cars and are often called ‘Renaults from 10 years ago’ by people I know. Their branding doesn’t really seem to match with an F1 team, even if they’re going to play the green/efficiency angle.

If Renault is somehow involved in this, I think it’d be a lot more likely they’d want to promote their Alpine brand, now they’ve stopped working with Caterham. But then the Romanian connection would be lost.

Honestly, Colin Kolles has done some great work, but this is a little shady.

Robert
    Participant

@Nick I don’t really believe there is any sort of Romanian connection, I was just implying that if there is any sort of deal involving Kolles and Romania, it’s more likely to be with Dacia rather than some obscure Ferrari dealership in a country which has no market for such cars.

JackySteeg
    Participant

According to Adam Cooper’s blog (as featured on an F1 Fanatic round-up a couple of days ago) Forza Rossa is indeed Colin Kolles’ Romanian government-backed entry. No mention of any manufacturer deals, though…

http://adamcooperf1.com/2014/04/11/haas-thanks-fia-after-f1-entry-confirmation

Iestyn Davies
    Participant

True, so perhaps it’s just a Romanian front (Kolles et. al, using their Ferrari dealership name/connection) for the Ferrari B-team? But unless Ferrari plan to make it a continuous stream (after Bianchi, Marciello, Fuoco and Stroll), that could only last about 5 years. But things could be different in F1 by then (although only if things are shaken up once Bernie leaves).

ForzaAlanRabbit
    Participant

Might be interesting to see how they do against Caterham, Marussia and obviously Haas.

I wonder what livery they’ll carry… something Ferrari based parhaps…

Iestyn Davies
    Participant

@npf1 If Renault wished to be involved as a team again, then their best bet would always be to buy back Lotus from Genii, and hire back 100+ people to be a top team again, with the budget back to compete. They’d then be doing as good as Lotus were last year at the very least. But they probably get the best of both worlds at the moment (engine tech and advertising per costs), considering the top teams need around $200m to compete annually.

Iestyn Davies
    Participant

True, so perhaps it’s just a Romanian front (Kolles et. al, using their Ferrari dealership name/connection) for the Ferrari B-team? But unless Ferrari plan to make it a continuous stream (after Bianchi, Marciello, Fuoco and Stroll), that could only last about 5 years. But things could be different in F1 by then (although only if things are shaken up once Bernie leaves).

If Renault wished to be involved as a team again, then their best bet would be just to buy back Lotus from Genii, and hire back 100+ people to be a top team again, with the budget back to compete. They’d then be doing as good as Lotus were last year at the very least. But they probably get the best of both worlds at the moment (engine tech and advertising per costs), considering the top teams need around $200m to compete annually.

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 16 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.