F1

Who do you think will replace Pérez at Sauber?

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 19 total)
  • Author
    Gabriel Fernando
    Participant

Anonymous
    Inactive

Alguersuari, Kovalainen or Pic.

DaveF1
    Participant

I really hope it’s Jaime Alguersuari.
    He was unfairly sack last season and claims to have a seat for next year. FI drivers look like they’re going nowhere, Williams will go probably for Bottas and I very much doubt Ferrari or Lotus will take him.

robk23
    Participant

For me either Alguersuari, Kovalainen or Glock would be good drivers to have at Sauber. If they need a pay driver due to the likely loss of Telmex money they may have to take someone like Petrov or Gutierrez.

Anonymous
    Inactive

it should be Buemi. I really think they deserved a good chance this year but Marko Rosso sacked them. Sauber can give him (or why not Alguersuari or however his name is) a good chance to shine again, even make podiums (Sauber is fully capable to do so)

necrodethmortem
    Participant

The rumor of Alguersuari going to Sauber came out simultaneously with Hamilton to Mercedes and Perez to McLaren, so I’m pretty sure he gets that seat. The question is: will Kobayashi stay? I don’t see why not, but if they can get Kovalainen, or maybe even Schumacher, would they really prefer him over them?

Kingshark
    Participant

Robin Frijns.

S.J.M
    Participant

Alguersuari – Hes young, which Sauber tends to go for. He’s got a good technical side to him and he was good at STR. Alguersuari said recently he was going to say where he was going to drive next year, suggesting he has a seat. If the announcement was left waiting till today happened, I think we’re going to know really soon.

katederby
    Participant

Alguersuari and Gutierrez.

Tommo N7

Jaime Alguersuari is a good call. he did announce on his twitter a few weeks back that he has a seat for next season, but we still don’t know where. If not Alguersuari, then Esteban Gutierrez. Or perhaps Kovalainen, I don’t like seeing his potential wasted away at Caterham.

Prisoner Monkeys
    Participant

I’d love to see a promising rookie in the seat, like Robin Frijns, or maybe Felix Serralles. But I suspect they’ll take Gutierrez or Alguersuari.

HK
    Participant

Honestly don’t think Alguersuari will join Sauber. He already announced he had a seat for next year, way before Hamilton made his decission to join Mercedes, and thus Sauber didn’t knew they’d loose Perez.

I rather think Alguersuari will join Caterham and replace Petrov/Kovalainen.

As for Sauber, they probably stick with Kobayashi for continuality, and take in Kovalainen from Caterham.

Anonymous
    Inactive

Gutierrez has some backing from Carlos Slim Jr right? so would fit in the place and sauber could keep their sponsors and with that the money to keep the fight alive

Anonymous
    Inactive

Gutierrez has the same backing from Carlos Slim that Perez had, so I wonder if to keep all that sponsorship, Sauber has to give him a race seat? I don’t think he’d be ready enough for it but he does bring a lot of money.

But if not him, Alguersuari has to be the best choice.

Prisoner Monkeys
    Participant

@omarr-pepper – Really? Buemi? He got distracted by the idea of racing for Red Bull when he thought a seat might open up, and then got out-performed by Alguersuari.

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 19 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.