F1

Why'd Webber Stop?!

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 20 total)
  • Author
    Bradley Downton
    Participant

Ok guys, im not sure if i missed something here. I watched the whole F1 Programme on the BBC and also the whole Forum, but never heard anything of why Webber stopped straight after the race… Does anyone know?

australian
    Participant

The car was really overheated and he didn’t want to blow the engine

Bradley Downton
    Participant

Ah thank you, i searched the net but just couldnt find anything and just wondered what happened

Nic Morley
    Participant

Yeh when he stopped I saw alot of smoke coming from the car; think it was just the tyres though. What was with Webber in that race though? Vettels’ normally just a shade quicker then him; but last race he was really off the pace. Strange.

Ned Flanders
    Participant

To make it look as though he had an excuse for being so slow….

Stephen Jones
    Participant

yep.. looked like a rage-quit to me

australian
    Participant

vettel blitzed him and as an aussie i am shattered….kobayashi is my new hero

infy
    Participant

The smoke was coming from the brakes. They were overheating because he was not moving, and so there was no cooling.

I think he rage quit :P

RIISE

Rage quit haha.

ed24f1
    Participant

If there was no mechanical reason for him stopping, it was very immature and embarrassing that he couldn’t even go around in front of his home fans for what could be the last time.

foocode
    Participant

He stopped because the team told him to. He’d used more petrol than expected and had to have enough in the tank to hit the minimum post-race weight requirement + allow the FIA to take their fuel sample.

TommyB
    Participant

I thought there was a rule somewhere that said you have to have enough fuel to complete the parade lap.

I remember Massa not completing Barcelona 2009 parade lap and he didn’t get a penalty, so maybe no one cares.

Ned Flanders
    Participant

The Massa 2009 incident has always confused me. Initially it seemed as though he’d ran out of fuel, but then it emerged that the fuel gauge was faulty and he had enough fuel left. So why was it that he ground to a halt halfway round the lap?

RIISE

The Massa 2009 incident has always confused me. Initially it seemed as though he’d ran out of fuel, but then it emerged that the fuel gauge was faulty and he had enough fuel left. So why was it that he ground to a halt halfway round the lap?

Well running with dangerously low fuel is very damaging for the engine. I can only assume the team told him to stop.

Mopatop
    Participant

@Ned Flanders – probably the ECU is configured to cut the engine once the minimum fuel requirements is reached, and it was told it was at minimum by the faulty sensor. Better to stop on parade lap than fail the fuel sample test.

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 20 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.