F1

Will Singapore go 61 laps or 2 hours?

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • Author
    Slr
    Participant

With the cars now starting races on full tanks of fuel, and the 2008 and 2009 Sinagpore Grand Prixs going 1hr 57mins and 1hr 56 respectively. How many laps do you see this year’s race doing?

KevinC
    Participant

I’m inclined to say 2 hours, but Monza was roughly the same time as last year

Icthyes
    Participant

Don’t forget the safety cars had a lot to do with that.

Scribe
    Participant

If it’s wet like the weather is seductively hinting, an we’re all feverently praying way over 2 hours. The laps a ridiculous mess as we know, but wet and at night, it could be chaos, which’ll be fun, hopefully, suprise result to shake things up after Redbulls dominance of qualifying.

Depends on the saftey cars really, I suspect it will be two hours if it’s dry though, i’m not sure if the length of the races has been significantly longer this year despite the fuel rules.

sato113
    Participant

yes the forecast shows monsoon rain but like malaysia it always rains in that area, just over the sea, not the city.

wasiF1
    Participant

If we have a safety car then it may end at the 2 hours mark.

Pionir
    Participant

I’m hoping for rain. An ideal result for the championship would be a Massa win, Kubica second, Rosberg 3rd and the top 5 all failing to finish. That would close things up nicely and put the cat among the team orders pigeons at Ferrari:)

Todfod
    Participant

@pionir. Actually that wouldn’t close things up. It just gives the trailing drivers less races to make up that deficit. Massa, Kubica and Rosberg haven’t been in contention all season. I hope that Alonso, Vettel and Button finish on the podium, with a few points for Hamilton and a DNF for Webber.

Enigma
    Participant

They have more fuel so the cars are slower because of that, but usually there is only one pit stop and the cars are faster this year, so it’s pretty much the same.

I hope for rain.

US_Peter
    Participant

@Todfod, that’s exactly what I was hoping for too. I want to see all 5 drivers head to Abu Dhabi within 10 points of each other, now THAT would make for an exciting end to the season!

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.