F1

Young driver test

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Author
    Matthew
    Participant

Again it seems Mclaren like to make a mockery of this test by selecting that up and coming F1 talent that is Gary Paffett. I’m sure we’ll see him an F1 race seat very soon.

What is the point of a young driver test if genuine potential F1 race drivers don’t get a run.

At least Sauber are giving it a go properly by selecting Frijns to run.

I’m sure we’ll see other teams will select the drivers with the biggest wallet too.

Prisoner Monkeys
    Participant

What is the point of a young driver test if genuine potential F1 race drivers don’t get a run.

They’re giving Kevin Magnussen a go. Paffet is just there so that McLaren can sneak a bit of extra testing. And because he knows the team so well, he serves as a good baseline to compare rookies against, which actually makes a whole lot of sense – it’s one thing to just give a rookie a go, but when you have something to compare their data and progress to, it makes their presence at the test so much more meaningful.

I no aegree on you pirsoner monkey. I read somewere Alexander Rossi will wont drive McLaren driver test not Ken Magnusen!

JamieFranklinF1
    Participant

I was thinking it was a bit stupid at first, but PM makes a very valid point. Obviously neither of the McLaren drivers are going to be replaced any time soon (Bar any incidents), but they will be able to judge the other driver based upon a known quality.

Felipe Bomeny
    Participant

Luiz Razia will test for Toro Rosso –

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.