F1

The grid based on performance not money

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 17 total)
  • Author
    sozavele
    Participant

Modern Formula 1 has the grid decided by many teams on the pure fact that they will bring lots of money to the team, this sees some really deserving drivers leave a good team in the favour of a driver with more money, which sees the departing driver go to a team which they are clearly to good for.
    If the grid was based on performance and capability without the addition of money, how would it look.

Pamphlet
    Participant

There’s only two changes that I’d make to the grid:
    * Barrichello instead of Senna/Maldonado (I’d say Senna though, much to Keith’s chagrin)
    * No HRT

Everyone else deserves his spot.

sozavele
    Participant

McLaren
    Hamilton & Button
    Both performed well enough with performance for McLaren

Red Bull
    Vettel & Raikonnen
    Vettel exceptional and Raikonnen has not dropped in standard

Ferrari
    Alonso & Webber
    Alonso deserves Ferrari and Webber would be better if they make a great car

Mercedes
    Rosberg & Perez
    I still want to see what else Rosberg can do and to test Perez to see what he can do it a top team.

Lotus
    Kovalienen & Schumacher
    Kovalienen is too good for Caterham and Schumacher is struggling a little and a slower car may help him return to top form to then go to a top team again.

Force India
    Grosjean & Di Resta
    I want more from Grosjean to judge him and Di Resta.

Williams
    Senna & Hulkenburg
    Senna is at Williams standard and I want to see more from Hulkenburg.

Sauber
    Kobayashi & Ricciardo
    Kobayashi I think needs to stop making mistakes and Ricciardo deserves a bit better.

Toro Rosso
    Glock & Petrov
    Glock and Petrov are too good for their teams but not the sports best drivers.

Caterham
    Chandhok & Maldonado
    Chandhok deserves another chance and Maldonado is not performing as well as his reputation shows.

HRT
    Vergne & Massa
    I want to see more from Vergne and see him develop and I think Massa has past his peak of his career.

Marussia
    Pic & Buemi
    I want to see more from Pic and Buemi deserves another chance.

Anonymous
    Inactive

Schumacher is struggling a little and a slower car may help him return to top form to then go to a top team again

@formula-1 I don’t understand this really. Why should he move to a slower team? Surely he’s struggle more, if the car was even slower…

I like the grid just as it is. No changes for me.

sozavele
    Participant

At the moment I don’t think he is as fast as Rosberg but a team with a slower car and a slower teammate may help him regain confidence in his ability and this will help him with his speed in the future, maybe if he only went to a slower team for a season.

Pamphlet
    Participant

@formula-1 – Yeah, no. This is the first time in the season that Rosberg’s outperformed Michael, and we didn’t even get to see much of the latter today because the team screwed him over. Schuey WAS slower, but now he’s at least on par.

Anonymous
    Inactive

Schumacher is a seven times World Champion. I don’t think he has a confidence problem at all. Going to a different team for one season to drive a completely different car for one season would serve no purpose in my opinion. A driver will always want the fastest car they can have.

sozavele
    Participant

Yes but if you were able to outperform a driver you would then be more confident when going to do so to another teammate, if then went to race Rosberg he would be ahead of him more because he would know that if he can beat another driver similar to Rosberg but in a different car he would be more confident beating Rosberg in a faster car.

Anonymous
    Inactive

I’ll be leaving this thread now. I’m willing to discuss anything with anyone, but I don’t appreciate being “shouted at” if I don’t agree with someone else’s viewpoint. Laters.

Anonymous
    Inactive

No. Schumi is as fast if not faster. Moving to a slower team would not be the way to go at all. Ross Brawn and him have a lot of history Mercedes is THE team of Germany and he has out driven Nico two to one so far. There is reason for him to go anywhere else.

sozavele
    Participant

I agree with you all but I think being at the same level is not enough, by beating another driver you can head to beating another one with a positive mental attitude and he could show more capability than he has shown because I still think Schumacher is hiding some potential somewhere.

sozavele
    Participant

I have decided with all of your thoughts that maybe I made a mistake
    The re-ammended list.
    McLaren
    Hamilton & Button
    Both performed well enough with performance for McLaren

Red Bull
    Vettel & Raikonnen
    Vettel exceptional and Raikonnen has not dropped in standard

Ferrari
    Alonso & Webber
    Alonso deserves Ferrari and Webber would be better if they make a great car

Mercedes
    Rosberg & Schumacher
    I think they are both hiding something which is stopping me from putting them in a better team.

Lotus
    Kovalienen & Perez
    Kovalienen is too good for Caterham and I would move Perez to a top team in a phased movement, to a near top team so he gets to grips with the task then to a top team when he is fully prepared for the challenge.

Force India
    Grosjean & Di Resta
    I want more from Grosjean to judge him and Di Resta.

Williams
    Senna & Hulkenburg
    Senna is at Williams standard and I want to see more from Hulkenburg.

Sauber
    Kobayashi & Ricciardo
    Kobayashi I think needs to stop making mistakes and Ricciardo deserves a bit better.

Toro Rosso
    Glock & Petrov
    Glock and Petrov are too good for their teams but not the sports best drivers.

Caterham
    Chandhok & Maldonado
    Chandhok deserves another chance and Maldonado is not performing as well as his reputation shows.

HRT
    Vergne & Massa
    I want to see more from Vergne and see him develop and I think Massa has past his peak of his career.

Marussia
    Pic & Buemi
    I want to see more from Pic and Buemi deserves another chance.

George
    Participant

Perez too Ferrari, Massa tioo Indi LOL, Rubens too Sauber..

Anonymous
    Inactive

@formula-1 You deleted your comment to make me look like I was in the wrong. Not very polite thing to do at all.

I will leave you with your thread.

Anonymous
    Inactive

You did delete it. Or at least it was all bold to begin with. So something happend.

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 17 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.