F1

Zsolt "HWNSNBM" Baumgartner set for comeback?!?!

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 18 total)
  • Author
    Ned Flanders
    Participant

OK, the GP2 Asia thread was hijacked somewhat today and I think we’d all like a bit of F1 news now. So this rumour which is currently sweeping across the globe like wildfire may be of particular interest.

Reliable ources (ok, people on Twitter) have hinted that the great Hungarian driver Zsolt Baumgartner is set to announce his return to F1 with Hispania tomorrow! Or, at the very least, he has a ‘big’ announcement to make.

Without wishing to exaggerate, this would be the greatest news in F1 history. Zsolt and Narain would prove a formidable line up, and if the HRT chassis is as good as it is rumoured to be, we can expect a few race wins from the team- who knows, maybe even a championship tilt??

BasCB
    Participant

His Royal Turtle, the great and unforgettable Zsolt Baumgartner to partner the fastest Inian in the world.

Wow, a real star studded line up for the cosmic hispania racing team!

Why not, Kolles must be having a go at memorable mentions at F1Rejects. But that car is good looking, just let us hope they will not want to put the drivers names on the sidepods. Zsolt “HWNSNBM” would look awkward in that space and not cool at all.

Dan Thorn
    Participant

I would love it if this came true…

The fast but erratic Karthikeyan and the measured, steady approach of HWNSNBM would surely make for one of the strongest lineups on the grid.

My only worry is that HWNSNBM would be damaging his reputation if he doesn’t perform in the way we all expect him to…

Is this really Zsolt Baumgartner?

http://twitter.com/ZBaumgartner

He’s linking to a website which seems not to have been updated in four years, which doesn’t refer back to the Twitter account, and the account’s only eight days old. No response from any of the contacts given on the site so far either.

alilane4
    Participant

Why is he nicknamed HWNSNBM? Am i missing something?

Anonymous
    Inactive

Apparently it’s short for ‘He Whose Name Shall Not Be Mentioned’, and was started by members of F1rejects.com and their community, so states a quick Google search.

Ned Flanders
    Participant

Awww no that doesn’t sound good :( I was hoping it would be genuine

Alilane- it stands for He Whose Name Shall Not Be Mentioned. Coined by http://www.f1rejects.com who have a bit of an obsession about him

Alianora La Canta
    Participant

As far as I can tell, Zsolt’s Twitter feed is genuine. The Wikipedia entry for him links to the same home page as his profile (and given how many people are interested in him, I think the link would have been updated if the site had moved in the interim). The home site appears to have been abandoned, but that’s not surprising if Zsolt hasn’t been racing for the last few years because he may simply not have seen the point. Also, F1 Rejects was pleasantly surprised when I told them about the account, ruling out the most likely source of anyone interested enough to try faking such an account.

Perhaps most telling is the talk of an announcement regarding a drive tomorrow (which he’s mentioned a few times in replies to people). I don’t see why anyone would risk doing something like that unless it was the truth – and nobody had the story before the Twitter account, so that prevents the possibility the item was grabbed from elsewhere.

BasCB
    Participant

Thanks for researching that Alianora! It could be a Hoax off course, then again, who would have expected Kolles to come up with “The Fastest Indian” only a couple of weaks ago. When Narian mentioned it, the team had to confirm for fear of people laughing at the Idea of it.

A really inventive guy, our dentist.

Prisoner Monkeys
    Participant

Baumgartner denies it:

I would like to distance myself from all rumours regarding the vacant HRT seat. Though wait for the big announcement tomorrow at 12.30CET

From his Twitter feed.

BenH
    Participant

The Twitter account has mysteriously disappeared. And I was so hoping it was genuine!

BasCB
    Participant

Not much of an announcement then. Nothing really, just the hoax called off?

US_Peter
    Participant

Well that was a big anti-climax.

Alianora La Canta
    Participant

With the disappearance of the account and a similarly-named one, it looks like it probably was a hoax after all :(

Anonymous
    Inactive

For now, we know Karthikeyan will be their first driver, and Liuzzi is the only other person to have driven for them. But HRT are good at announcing things at the last moment.

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 18 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.