Formula 3.5 V8

2013 Formula Renault 3.5 calendar

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author

Silverstone and the Nurburgring make way as Monza and the Red Bull Ring join the Formula Renault 3.5 calendar for 2013.

6-7 April: Monza
    27-28 April: Motorland Aragon
    25-26 May: Monaco
    1-2 June: Spa-Francorchamps
    22-23 June: Moscow Raceway
    13-14 July: Red Bull Ring
    14-15 September: Hungaroring
    28-29 September: Paul Ricard
    19-20 October: Catalunya

Expect Monaco to remain a single race while all the others are double-headers.

Last year Formula Renault 3.5 raced at Silverstone as a support race to the WEC – that race weekend is the first after Monza, the same as the Chinese Grand Prix. It looks like the series organisers’ eagerness to avoid clashes with F1 has cost Britain its round of the series:

It was vital for us to avoid clashing with an F1 Grand Prix weekend, aside from Monaco of course.

http://www.worldseriesbyrenault.fr/en/tv_news/news/Pages/Sevenmeetingsandawholelotmorein2013.aspx

It’s really a shame that there won’t be a WSR event in the Nurburgring next year. The circuit isn’t far away from my home, and it’s a nice (and cheap) way to see single-seater races and F1 shows. Well, there’s still Spa, but the event will most likely clash with my exams, and there is less entertainment there than in the german venue.

Prisoner Monkeys
    Participant

I’m surprised that a series that has so much young talent in it keeps such a mediocre calendar. If it were down to me, I’d probably only keep half of those events. Aragon, Monaco and the Red Bull Ring would all stay, but I’d look at getting Istanbul, Imola and the Lausitzring (which used to host the WSR). There were also plans to take the series to Brazil this year, which never happened, but two races in North America might be more feasible, especially from a cost perspective – in which case, I’d look at Road Atlanta and Mosport Park.

But that’s just me.

Well I don’t think it would work, because the main advantage of this series is it’s cost. It’s free for the spectators, and the drivers don’t need such a big budget than GP2. But to keep this low price, I don’t think it would be possible to go far away (like North America), or to go to a country where there isn’t a motorsport culture (like Turkey).

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.