Formula 3.5 V8

2015 Formula Renault 3.5 calendar

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Author

Several changes on the Formula Renault 3.5 calendar including a return to Silverstone and the Red Bull Ring, and the relocation of the French round from Paul Ricard to the Le Mans Bugatti Circuit.

Sadly Monza has gone but I can’t say I’m too sorry to see the back of the feeble Moscow Raceway.

25 – 26 April: Motorland Aragon, Spain
    24 May: Monaco
    30 – 31 May: Circuit de Spa-Francorchamps, Belgium
    13 – 14 June: Hungaroring, Hungary
    Date TBC: Red Bull Ring, Austria
    29 – 30 August (TBC): Silverstone, England
    12 – 13 September: Nurburgring, Germany
    26 – 27 September: Bugatti Circuit Le Mans, France
    17 – 18 October: Circuito de Jerez, Spain

Iestyn Davies
    Participant

6 F1 tracks and a testing venue (former race track).. I have to say that’s a good improvement. I guess that in an ideal world, one of the Spanish rounds would be Monza/Italy, while Le Mans Bugatti makes me think of GPL/1967, just with more chicanes now, and they thought it was too mickey mouse for F1 cars to return there at the time..

I thought they deliberately left Le Mans Bugatti out of Grand Prix Legends because it wasn’t very popular? They used Rouen instead.

But I agree it’s a good calendar and I’m sure the teams will appreciate the cost saving of not having to trek all the way to Moscow for what was invariably the worst racing of the year.

Enigma
    Participant

Shame about Monza, but overall that’s a positive change. A pretty good calendar.

Iestyn Davies
    Participant

Indeed @keithcollantine, but with over 500 tracks now released, it’s available. Greger Huttu and Roland Ehnstrom made it, well over ten years ago, with both winning respective ‘sim-racing world championships’ (Huttu: iRacing WDC, Ehnstrom: virtual WTCC) since then. Interestingly, Norbert Michelisz still holds GPL world records, and has won in the real WTCC.. his experience on driving Nurburgring under 8 minutes online may help him with the real WTCC there.

I wonder if the trek to Moscow positively affected Renault at all? If not, then a return to Silverstone, and the UK market, is a welcome plus for the series, and hopefully helps fill the grid out to 22 full-time cars next year.

Ideally: Spain, Monaco, Belgium, Hungary, Italy, Austria, UK, Germany, France, Portugal. If no Monaco, Catalunya.

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.