Formula Three

2013 Macau Grand Prix Formula Three

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 34 total)
  • Author
    wsrgo
    Participant

Here’s the complete list of entrants in Macau GP F3 this year:
    Carlin (Volkswagen): Carlos Sainz, Jr. (ESP), Harry Tincknell (GBR), Jazeman Jaafar (MAL), Daniil Kvyat (RUS), Jordan King (GBR), Nicholas Latifi (CAN)

Prema Powerteam (Mercedes): Raffaele Marciello (ITA), Alex Lynn (GBR), Lucas Auer (AUT). Esteban Ocon (FRA)

TOM’s (Toyota): Yuichi Nakayama (JPN)

Mucke Motorsport (Mercedes): Felix Rosenqvist (SWE), Mitchell Gilbert (AUS), Yuhi Sekiguchi (JPN)

Fortec (Mercedes): Felix Serralles (PUE), Pipo Derani (BRA), Will Buller (GBR), John Bryant-Meisner (SWE), Tom Blomqvist (GBR)

EuroInternational (Mercedes): Stefano Coletti (MON)

T-Sport (Nissan): Alexander Sims (GBR)

Double R Racing (Mercedes): Kevin Korjus (EST), Sun Zheng (CHN), Antonio Giovinazzi (ITA), Sean Gelael (INA)

van Amersfoort (Volkswagen): Sven Muller (GER)

B-Max (Toyota): Katsumasa Chiyo (JPN)

URD Rennsport (Mercedes): Lucas Wolf (GER)

Iestyn Davies
    Participant

With that line up, I think you could claim to have done well with a top 10 finish! Should be a great race. Not sure why Coletti is back to try Macau, maybe he wants to rediscover his mojo?

wsrgo
    Participant

@fastiesty I agree it’s a mega lineup. Not sure about Coletti, maybe Red Bull want to measure Blomqvist against him, maybe not. I have no clue.

Retired
    Participant

That’s a massive line-up, and we know that among those guys there is future F1 driver(s). I go for Prema or Carlin (easy)

I’m for my fellow coutryman Esteban Ocon, he’s the first Frenchman to race in an FIA-rules F3 competition since the current-generation machines were introduced at the beginning of the 2012 season.

wsrgo
    Participant

@jeff1s

the first Frenchman to race in an FIA-rules F3 competition since the current-generation machines were introduced at the beginning of the 2012 season.

Really? Wow, that’s a super-fact! Ocon might get to do more of these next year if Prema keep him on for the European competition, and as of now it seems very likely.
    It’s sad to see that Frenchmen in F3 are so few and far between, considering that the F3 Euroseries (precursor to the FIA European championship), was actually an amalgamation of the German F3 Championship Class and the French F3 series, and that 2 current French F1 drivers came through this series (Romain Grosjean, 2007 champ and Jules Bianchi, 2009 champ). I guess they mainly choose Formula Renault and World Series by Renault nowadays.

Retired
    Participant

Exactly @wsrgo and Jean-Eric Vergne won the British F3 championship back in 2010 if ever I saw it. Anyway, keep updating some Macau GP F3 news, I love that event

wsrgo
    Participant

@jeff1s Yes, I’ll be sure to.. :)

wsrgo
    Participant

As has already been pointed out by @keithcollantine , Felix Serralles will not take part in Macau, he has been replaced by F3 Open frontrunner Ed Jones of UAE.
    Also, Nelson Mason is another new addition to the Macau GP list, with ASwiss squad Jo Zeller. The Canadian also participated in the F3 Open this year, and had a good season.

Retired
    Participant

@wsrgo No official reason has been given for Serralles – who retired due to accidents in seven of the last nine European F3 races this year – skipping Macau, hehe

himmatsj
    Participant

What are your opinions on Jazeman? As a Malaysian, I’m a bit ashamed I’ve never seen him race before. But to be fair, none of his races get shown here. I have followed him via the newspapers though and I know he dominated Formula BMW Asia a few years ago.

Fauzy was pretty bad as far as F1 drivers go, but Young was pretty good and shame Minardi bundled him out.

wsrgo
    Participant

@himmatsj Jaafar is a pretty strong driver..he’s had a tough debut year in World Series by Renault, but his team, Carlin, have had a few problems this year in that particular series. He was expectedly impeccable in the one British F3 weekend he participated in, winning both feature races easily. He’s also very strong on street circuits. Another year in World Series should be in order, although pressure will be on him to get more than the one podium he got this year..

Retired
    Participant

@wsrgo Da Costa replaces Kvyat at Carlin for Macau F3 GP

wsrgo
    Participant

Thanks for the news @jeff1s , good to see FdC back to his happy hunting ground if 2012. Also, I hope Red Bull don;t fire him from the Junior Team.

Lucas Wilson
    Participant

I didn’t know people still compete in F3 anymore :-D

Polishboy808
    Participant

Da Costa is apparently replacing Kvyat, which is kind of a slap in the face to Da Costa imo. Lets see if he can redeem himself here though.

http://www.autosport.com/news/report.php/id/110823

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 34 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.