Going to the Abu Dhabi Grand Prix at Yas Marina

Abu Dhabi race tickets

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 22 total)
  • Author
    alyson
    Participant

Hi, does anyone know when tickets go on sale for the 2012 Abu Dhabi GP, and which is the best grandstand
    Thanks
    A

Caroline Miles
    Participant

Hi Alyson

We were talking to some expats when we were there last year and they said they go on sale in May. Not sure if that is correct but they worked for Etihad so would guess they were in the know. May be worth starting to check end of April on. We were in the South Grandstand which we thought was brilliant but everyone seems to have different opinions re this circuit. We opted for these seats as they are in the shade, which some of the others are not and sat in the 29 degree heat for quite some time is not recommended. We saw a lot of action from where we were last year and overlooked the marina. Amazing circuit!

alyson
    Participant

Hi Caroline,
    Thank you so much for your info will start looking out in May, still confused where to sit all sounds so good, cannot wait!!!

Caroline Miles
    Participant

Hi Alyson

I can definitely recommend South Grandstand Upper. You could see them coming down the straight into what was the 2nd DRS zone, into the chicane which is where JB and MW had a ding dong of a battle up the side of the marina and then under the bridge where the Viceroy is. You are very close to the track as well, so feels more like a street circuit.

Abu Dhabi blew us away and the concerts just added to it, although Britney was even worse than expected, but Paul McCartney made up for it. If you go on a 3 day ticket you must do the pitlane walk on Thursday. We watched all the teams going down to scrutineering, pit stop practices, DC interviewing Perez, spoke to Jake Humphries and saw MS wizzing up and down the pitlane on his moped. We are hoping to go again this year, fell in love with the place and whole experience.

Thecollaroyboys
    Participant

I’m hoping to take the kids to Abu this year, keen to show them that the mid east isnt all terrorists and riots. Anyone know of some good side trips in Abu?

GeeMac
    Participant

I was in the Marina Grandstand (just next to the South Grandstand) last year and it was really great. You had cars in full view for about 30 seconds (all the way down the back straight through the 2nd DRS zone, through the silly chicane and slow left hander, then round the hotel. Made for come cracking pictures.

I’ll have to keep and eye on this thread to see when the tickets go on sale, I’ve got a crowd of about 7 people who want to come for the race next year!

Caroline Miles
    Participant

To be honest, not that much in Abu Dhabi unless you like shopping or sunbathing. May be that if you are taking the kids with you that you would be better staying in Dubai as it is more geared up for tourists. Abu Dhabi is very much business orientated. Saying that there is the Corniche which has the F1 zone and the skytower which you can go up plus the sand dune safaris, and the mosque to visit. Because of the timings of the track action, we found ourselves taking in the sun in the morning and heading off to the circuit around 12 ish. Ferrari World is great if you have kids as it is basically a theme park, although even though we are not into rides etc, we enjoyed the set up there and plenty to see.

alyson
    Participant

Tickets are now on sale with bookf1, they have a early bird offer on at the moment until 29th May. Got mine for £297 for 3 days in West stand. Only 233 days til we fly out to Abu Dhabi!!!!!

Alan

Hi guys,

ONE DAY TICKET SWAP REQUEST

My name is Alan (Silverstone Marshal) and I shall be attending the 2012 Abu Dhabi F1 Grand Prix for the first time this year (as a spectator). I shall be travelling with two friends. None of us have been to this race before and we would like to see as much of this circuit as we can over the GP weekend.

We have booked front row seats in the South Grandstand (S-05 Upper – overlooking the second DRS zone and tight chicane) and would like to swap our tickets with a group of three people in a different grandstand on either the Friday or the Saturday.

So, if you are in a party of three and would like an alternative view of this circuit, please do not hesitate to get in touch. I look forward to hearing from you and hopefully we can arrange a swap that will be beneficial to both parties involved.

Thanks for looking. :-)

ruth739

Hi everyone!
    I’m hoping to go the Abu Dhabi Grand Prix this year however I’m looking for just tickets to Sunday race day only as I don’t actually fly in until Sunday morning! Does anyone know if these will become available as so far there are just weekend tickets or Sat & Sun tickets available!

Thanks in advance!!!
    Ruth

Caroline Miles
    Participant

Hi Ruth

Unfortunately they do not offer race day tickets only, it is either 2 day or 3 day tickets I am afraid. Not sure if you leave it until last minute you may be able to get one for just race day.

Wiser

Wondering which is best site for purchase of tickets within “Early Bird” period …looking for the two day option ? Does the event normally sell out or should we just wait and pick up tickets later ? Thanks

Caroline Miles
    Participant

Hi Wiser
    Depends where you want to sit. We have booked with bookf1.com as we were unsure about the mail out from Abu Dhabi to the UK so opted for a UK based company who will courier the tickets to us. There were seats available last year at the circuit in the lower south grandstand over the race weekend, but depending how the season pans out not sure if that will have an impact on the tickets available. The best tickets will always sell out first, so it is whether you want to chance it, plus bear in mind the price will go up once the early bird tickets have gone.

Wiser

Thanks Caroline ….

Anup Pala
    Participant

Hello All,

I have bought my tickets on Yasmarina’s web site over a month ago, but i still have not seen my tickets.

Do i take it they are like concerts and only give you the tickets close to race day?
    Thanks,
    Anup

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 22 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.