Going to the Australian Grand Prix at Melbourne

Meet up point?

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Author
    Arkay

We’re 3 weeks away from race day, so I thought I might take the initiative and organize a meet up point & time for any F1Fanatics who are attending. I’m not sure where F1Fans have met up in the past, but some suitable places would be:

– one of the eight entrance gates
    – one of the bars or eating areas
    – near one of the grandstands

what are your thoughts?

damonsmedley
    Participant

The big red “F1 Central” pillar behind the Brabham stand (inside of turn 1) is perfect for meeting up. We had a bit of confusion last year, so I suggest someone has an F1F flag made up!

Arkay

That’ll work. What is the best day and time?

Macca
    Participant

Behind the Brabham Stand is not a GA area so some people might miss out with that location.

damonsmedley
    Participant

@Macca Are you sure? I’m pretty sure we had GA ticket holders at our meet-up last year. It’s not an exclusive area or anything. It’s just a grassy area with bars, toilets and stalls. And if I recall correctly, from entering the circuit, there’s no checkpoints on the way to the F1 Central area, so I don’t know how they’d determine whether you have GS or GA tickets anyway. It’s only when you actually go to your seat that they ask to see your ticket. :)

Macca
    Participant

@damonsmedley – sorry mate, for some reason I thought the Brabham Stand was on the outside of turn one, (if I had of read properly I would have seen you said inside of turn 1 :) ) You are complete correct. That would be the perfect spot for a meet up.

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.