Going to the Belgian Grand Prix at Spa-Francorchamps

What else to expect (except racing)?

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Author
    Jane
    Participant

Hi

We’re going to Spa for the first time this summer.

Apart from the racing, what else should we expect for stuff to do during the day? Looking online there doesn’t seem to be much mention of other things happening (compared to Silverstone with pit stop challenge to watch/participate in, street entertainers, Red Arrows, driver forum, etc.)

We are massively looking forward to the races and seeing the circuit, but I also need to keep family entertained, and prepare them on what to expect. Can any “old hands” describe what Spa is like as an experience?

Thanks

PorscheF1
    Participant

I’m afraid Spa is a bit more traditional than Silverstone even as there isn’t much to do but enjoying our belgian beer and hopefully a warm afternoon sun.

There’s usually some entertainment behind the stands at Eau Rouge but not to the likes of Silverstone (I’ve been to both on several occasions).

For a F1 event it’s also not advised to leave your spot if you have bronze as places are hard fought for.

A walk around the track is mandatory though, otherwise you haven’t fully experience our 7km track with its scenery and height difference. Bring walking shoes!

Keijzer
    Participant

Behind Silver 2 grandstand is the F1 village with teams merchandise and food and drink stands (last year we needed to pay with special tokens for food). There is a pretty nice “F1 simulator” where you can “feel” how a F1 driver experience driving on a circuit, you can enter with around 20 people at the same time and need to pay 10 or 15 euros each person. Not really entertainment besides the action on track in Spa. You can always visit us on camping Green for music, beers and pool though :-)

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.