Going to the British Grand Prix at Silverstone

British Grand Prix & Simplytheticket

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 18 total)
  • Author
    shaunbent

Hello,

After a bit of advice really.

My friend had a ticket bought for her as a gift, but her father didn’t buy it directly from Silverstone but instead used a company called ‘www.britishgrandprix.net”, a trading name of “Simplythetickets”.

My friend has not yet received her tickets and I am aware of a few people on the Woodlands Campsite Facebook page who have also not received tickets from them and a lot of people on Twitter who havent received their tickets for the European GP:

https://twitter.com/#!/search/realtime/simplytheticket

Just wondered if anyone else has had any dealings with these guys or anyone is in the same boat as us?

We are unable to contact this company as they are not replying to emails, their answering machine is full, their website have disappeared and the Twitter & Facebook pages have been deleted.

I also noticed before their website went offline they claimed to have an office at the Silverstone circuit in Unit 43, however when I Google this I am told its a company called: Speed Sport Drive.

If anyone has any info or any advice that could help it would be greatly appreciated.

Regards

Shaun

Michael Tang
    Participant

In the same boat mate. Gonna seek to get the money back through my credit card company. Still some tickets available on more reputable sites

shaunbent
    Anonymous
    Inactive

I realised the other day that it was nearly on the 2 week maximum limit that they state for despatching tickets, so emailed them this morning. Then tried ringing them to find an automated message and their voicemail box full ! Alarm bells started ringing so Googled the website to find the news, and immediately bought some more tickets from Silverstone directly. Not the same grandstand, but better than nothing. Now for the faff of recouping the money from the credit card company. Not happy !

Cavan O’Regan
    Participant

In the same boat, only ordered 1 child ticket, and parking, livid as Silverstone refused to assist (won 2 adult tickets). Silverstone would not assist me in purchasing child tickets to go with them despite providing the reference numbers. and when the tickets finally arrived, they were sold out.
    Does anyone know where the best place is to find child tickets? has anyone had experience of trying to find tickets on the day.

shaunbent

There website has come back online and is claiming they will be dispatching tickets next week:

http://www.simplytheticket.com

Not sure what this means, as I spoke to Silverstone yesterday who stated this company doesn’t have an official allocation of tickets.

Michael Tang
    Participant

Apparently tickets are still being sent out

http://www.britishgrandprix.net/Page.aspx?id=12

shaunbent

Just cause even more confusion – I have just had a call from Silverstone who have confirmed Simplytheticket has gone bust but they did receive British GP tickets from Silverstone.

This obviously contradicts what I was told last time but I was assured the information I was just told is correct.

I suppose it is now up to Simplytheticket to decide if they send out the tickets or not.

Michael Tang
    Participant

Anyone got their tickets yet?

Anonymous
    Inactive

My “replacement” tickets from Silverstone direct came on Saturday, so not sure why STT are hanging on to the last minute to send theirs out…if indeed they have any to send out. Personally I’ll be pee’d off now if I end up with extra tickets that I don’t need…..would prefer not to get them and leave it to the credit card company to reimburse me the money. Appreciate though that for some, they are the only tickets purchased so relying on them being sent. Hope it works out for us all :-)

Michael Tang
    Participant

I want to book other tickets but like you say I don’t want the extra tickets is STT do come through. I’m gonna give them till next week before tryin to source other tickets

Anonymous
    Inactive

Still no tickets from STT. Their website says that they despatch 1-4 weeks before an event, but my confirmation email said up to 2 weeks before, which is now exceeded by almost a week ! If they arrive now, I may try the “breech of T&C” with my credit card company to reimburse me the money anyway. It’s a fact that if I hadn’t already done so, I’d have bought some more by now based on what my original email said !

Anonymous
    Inactive

According to Twitter, some people are saying that their tickets arrived yesterday, still not got mine……..anyone else on here had any success ?

shaunbent

Mine has just arrived – just had a text from home to say its been delivered. Things are looking up – apart from we bought a replacement which we will now have to sell.

Lewis Heath
    Participant

I bought 3 tickets from simplytheticket.com on March 5th but not had any emails from them since then. I don’t want to risk buying more tickets incase they come through. Does anyone have extra tickets I could buy if I don’t receive them? I need adult Friday to Sunday tickets. Mobile number: 07411336471 Thanks

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 18 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.