Going to the British Grand Prix at Silverstone

Going to the 2018 British Grand Prix at Silverstone

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 17 total)
  • Author

Are you going to the 2018 British Grand Prix at Silverstone? Join or start a discussion below and swap notes with other people who are going to this race.

You can also find more discussion threads about going to the British Grand Prix and the 2017 discussion thread is here.

F1antics
    Participant

I’ve got Club Corner tickets and have booked cancellable accommodation just outside Milton Keynes but am now looking into motorhome hire to avoid getting snarled up in traffic each day. Some motorhome companies offer to drop off and pick up, so I’m investigating those, although driving shouldn’t be a problem.

So it’s a question of choosing a good place to park it. Does anyone have any recommendations or, more importantly, places they wouldn’t recommend. Or links to places where these things are discussed? I’m more interested in a good night’s sleep than a party atmosphere, but somewhere with facilities (bar, food etc) would be good.

Colin
    Participant

Your plan sound very similar to mine,have club tickets and plan on flying in to Birmingham and driving a motorhome to the circuit. A number of people have reccomended the woodlands campsite given its the closest location to the circuit, however any suggestions would be greatly appreciated.

Also can anyone recommend a motorhome rental company?

F1antics
    Participant

I haven’t had any luck with finding a company that drops off and picks up, at least not one that doesn’t charge an arm and a leg. So like you, I’m investigating self-drive motorhomes now, and any recommendations would be handy

F1antics
    Participant

Club Corner tickets purchased
    Woodlands (lively) motorhome pitch and electric hookup booked
    Motorhome booked

All set :)

I will have a spare circuit car park ticket (2 person) if anyone’s interested.

Colin
    Participant

After booking my tickets a good
    friend heard a good friend is
    Getting married on the weekend the race is planned for.

What are the chances of the race not being the first weekend in July???

F1antics
    Participant

How inconsiderate :)

I know what I’d choose to attend ….. :)

sbl on tour
    Participant

finnally my mate brian has forsaken going to silverstone, he,s now attending even more btcc rounds next year, cant say I blame him

Angie Mollat
    Participant

We bought Club Corner tickets and Woodlands camping with electric for two people when they were first released last year. At the moment it is looking unlikely that we can attend. Can anybody advise where/how to sell the package on if we definitely cant go?
    We’ve never had to cancel an event like this before so not sure where to start?
    Thanks.

Stuart Kent
    Participant

Sitting in Village for race day, camping at Hamilton fields. First time I’ve been to the British Grand Prix since 1998 (and what a race that was)! Bummed that Travis played last year, I would have loved to have seen them too.

F1antics
    Participant

Stubhub is a reseller of GP tickets. I haven’t used them but they have a good reputation.

monolulu
    Participant

Seating at Becketts for race this time. Think these cars will be amazing through this section this year. Looking forward to it!

F1antics
    Participant

Anyone interested in a parking ticket?

F1antics
    Participant

Regarding the parking ticket, it’s a 3-day circuit pass for 1 vehicle/2 people. Cost price £65, will sell at a discount as Silverstone are still selling them directly at that price.

Debbie
    Participant

Hi

I bought my tickets early so wasn’t put into the raffle for pit walk passes much to my annoyance. So I was wondering if anyone has been lucky enough to get bands for the Thursday pit walk but are not arriving until Friday or just don’t want them.

It would be wonderful if I could find some if anyone out there have got any spare?

Here’s hoping 🤞
    Thank you
    Debs

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 17 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.