Going to the British Grand Prix at Silverstone

I’m an F1 newbie and going to Silverstone for the 1st time – in need of guidance!

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • Author
    Estesark
    Participant

Continued from previous topic.

Original post by Kelly Bennett:

Hi, Ive just booked up for this year F1 meet at silverstone got a 3day pass with camping for my boyfs bday present!!!! (he better love it!!). I cant believe what Ive been missing out on as Ive only sat n watched a race this year for the first time!!!!

Weve got seats in the Becketts grandstand- I havent got the foggiest about wheres the best place to get seats so hopefully Ive ‘done- good’???

Weve also got tickets to camp in the lively area of Silverstone woodlands and have heard that people are queuing up at 4am on the wednesday to get electric hook-ups- we certainly wont be having electric then!!
    Will we still get tent space if we go early friday morning?? or should we go earlier??

Can you go say Wednesday evening pitch your tent then come home n go back friday morning? Or if we did that would we loose the car space next to the tent??

Does everyone just pitch there tent anywhere or is there like a grid system??

Many thanks for your help!!!

Kelly b

@kellyb You”l find this thread useful:

First race tips

Mick
    Participant

Kelly
    I’ve been going to Silverstone for 10 years plus and youre going to have a great time. The Becketts grandstand is good, you will have some great views right across the track. I am also camping with my son at the same place as you. It does get really busy but you will still get in on Friday (although it has been getting busier year on year). If you want electricity you would have to turn up Wed fairly soon after it opens, so like you i dont bother. We usually turn up Thur lunch time and this has always been ok to get a good spot.
    If you need any other info just ask.

Steve hodger
    Participant

Boom also a newbie I a parking at park and ride what time will i need to be there. I have handstand seats at copse , looking forward to it just worrying what time to be there and how long it takes from park and ride tithe circuit and get in. Any help appreciated

Hi all,

I will be taking my 8 yr old son to silverstone this year for the qualifying day, its a dream come true for me as i have never experienced it live before, i suppose im just after some advice really, what time should we get to the park and ride, wheres best to watch it from, radios etc etc.

Any help will be much appreaciated.

Many Thanks

Tadd

mark
    Participant

Hi Tadd, not sure about the park & ride as i have never used it. If you are general access you are gonna need to take a rain mac. Vale is a good spot to sit. You can take camping chairs in, these are handy but if you wanna look around the stalls and circuit etc its a lot to carry round. I would advise you to take food and drink There are plenty of food stalls at the circuit but prices are at a premium. Ear protectors are a good idea for your son, the noise is very loud. if you have a mobile phone with a radio, you can pick up commentary from radio silverstone. There are tv’s all around the circuit which are on most of the day to keep you up to date. hope this has been helpful for you. Have a great weekend

Jordan Whiteside
    Participant

This is isnt my first time to silverstone, but is my first time going and knowing about it haha. Been at ages 4,5 and 6. Was just wondering if anyone knew about food and if you can take it into the grandstands in a bag or cool box. Thanks

Mark O’Donnell
    Participant

Bag should be fine but not sure about cool box – where are you going to put it?!

Mark O’Donnell
    Participant

Bag should be fine but not sure about cool box – where are you going to put it?!

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.