Going to the British Grand Prix at Silverstone

Now the race is over, advice on seats for next year?

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Author
    F1antics
    Participant

I’ve not been to Silverstone but think I might try it next year. For those of you that went this year, what did you think of where you were sitting? I’m happy to pay for good seats and would like to see as much of the circuit as possible (plus a TV screen) as opposed to a small but action-packed view. Under cover would be good too.

Colin
    Participant

It will be my first Silverstone Grand Prix next year have broke tickets for Club block 1 which look good. Still need to decide whether to camp or stay in a hotel near by, doe s anyone have any recomendations?

F1antics
    Participant

Hi Colin. I’ve just booked Club Corner block 1 too! Row N – hope it’s not too high up.

We’ve booked a cancellable hotel in Milton Keynes but I’m wondering whether to glamp in order to be closer to the action

TheBullWhipper
    Participant

I went and camped all 4 days (Thursday-Monday morning) I enjoyed it massively as there is a buzz of excitement permanently, also loads of people about to chat F1 with over a beer.
    As for seats, I’d say Beckett’s Plus Grand stand, u can see big screen directly opposite, and u can see the loop and the start of Wellington strait as well as maggots,Beckett’s and chapel. The cars look might in qually through there, u really see the cars working hard and moving around at speed, and it’s where we had some good action too for the Toro Roso as well as a few spectacular side by side moments.
    I ant going to go again next year and that would be my chosen spot.

Hope that helps you decide.

F1antics
    Participant

Thanks. Camping does sound tempting but it’s been 50 years since I last slept in a tent and I’ve got used to my creature comforts, especially the use of a hairdryer :) My friend (similar age to me) is concerned about how convenient the conveniences are. Is it suitable for a couple of females who’re getting on a bit and who’re not very outdoorsy?

Colin
    Participant

I will be flying in from Dublin and have decided that I will camp if i can rent a camper van for a reasonable price,I will be flying into Birmingham does anyone have any companies or websites they would recommend?

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.