Going to the German Grand Prix at the Nurburgring

Alcohol at Nurburgring?

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • Author
    Chris Canning
    Participant

It is my first time at the German F1. A lot of the tracks I have been to allow spectators to bring in their own alcohol to the race track. Does anyone know if this is allowed, and if so what are the restrictions?

Thanks..

infernojim
    Participant

Definitely not a problem. I camped at Nurburgring in 2011. Beers on sale around the track weren’t that expensive either though.

Uros
    Participant

I am wondering about the same thing. Their Visitor Regulations Formula 1 say the following: “9. You are not allowed to bring your own food and beverages to the stands or the paddock.” and “10. Nürburgring Betriebsgesellschaft mbH uses a cashless payment system at catering stands on stalls and in the paddocks. Payment in cash is not possible. Please load your ring cards on time at the respective facilities and cashpoints. Refund of the remaining balance is always possible at any specified facility.”
    (http://www.nuerburgring.de/fileadmin/AGB/NBG-Formula-1-Visitor_Regulations-GB.pdf)

infernojim, were the rules in 2011 the same and even though it was still possible to bring in own food and drinks?

mnmracer
    Participant

Why would anyone going to one of the three best beer countries in the world (Netherlands, Belgium, Germany) want to bring their own beer?

Uros
    Participant

mnmrace, who said that particular person would not bring a German beer? ;-)

Aish Heydrich
    Participant

I heard Kimi will have a stall post race. And nothing will be for sale.

infernojim
    Participant

Yeah they had the cashless system, which was pretty nifty. You just get given a card and there are quite a lot of roving people that you can top it up with, you just give them cash and they top the card up for you, then you take the card to the food / drink stalls and use it to pay. Reduces time in queues because they don’t have to worry about change etc.

Hopefully it’s not so bloomin’ cold for you this year. It was FREEZING in 2011!!

sbl on tour
    Participant

yep it was brassers, wore my long johns
    from memory, you got 25 cents I think on the return of each beer can, this bloke had about 50 , where he got them I do not know, you should have seen the look on everyones faces when he had the brass neck to take em back, not the mention the guys behind the bar, second thoughts that could have been hockenheim the year before, no I dont think it was , it was below the tribune 10

MazdaChris
    Participant

@mnmracer

Whoa whoa whoa. Whoa.

Whoa!

I’m sorry, but you done gaffed there, my friend. Britain is by far and away the greatest brewing nation on Earth. I utterly refute any suggestion to the contrary. There is nothing in the whole of Europe that can touch the finer products from Adnam’s or St Austell’s, and that’s a scientifically demonstrable FACT.

mnmracer
    Participant

If I go to the isles, I’ll have the scotch you brew there. You can keep your ‘beer’ ;-)

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.