Going to the Hungarian Grand Prix at Hungaroring

Going to the 2018 Hungarian Grand Prix at the Hungaroring

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Author

Are you going to the 2018 Hungarian Grand Prix at the Hungaroring? Join or start a discussion below and swap notes with other people who are going to this race.

You can also find more discussion threads about going to the Hungarian Grand Prix.

Gökberk
    Participant

Hi,
    I am planning to attend next season’s Hungarian GP. It looks like I will be attending to the GP myself as none of my friends are actually interested in F1. So I would like to join or be joined by someone or a group of some kind to get the best out of the weekend. Also I would like to ask you about the grandstands. I have Red Bull, Bronze 1 and Gold 4 as nominees. Bronze 1 looked pretty good to me even though it is priced relatively lower and stated as a lower level than the others. Where would you advise to watch?
    Thanks

Rachel
    Participant

I’m going to my first Hungarian GP this year, and having just witnessed a Ferrari win at Silverstone I’m super excited!

Just wondered if there is any way to access the paddock entrance area? Or somewhere to meet the drivers, other than the pit walk? At Silverstone you can get to the Paddock entrance (obviously not inside the paddock) and wait for the drivers there.

Alianora La Canta
    Participant

I’m going to the Hungaroring this year :D General Admission for me (basically, the aim is to do a week in Budapest as cheaply as possible, to the point where I am flying as far as Prague and getting a couchette train the rest of the way to Budapest because it’s cheaper than a direct flight plus hostel room). I will definitely be at the test days too, and hoping to also meet a penpal, squeeze in a visit to the water park and to see some of Budapest’s sights.

@Rachel
    , according to the guidebook, there is a pit walk on the Thursday, between 16:00 and 18:00 (last entry 17:30), which offers a potential way to meet drivers, get autographs and look at the pit garages. If you have a 3-day ticket, you will be allowed in free of charge. However, there is no free shuttle like there is on Friday-Sunday. From what people who have been before tell me, it is important to arrive well before the session starts, and expect things to be jam-packed. Lockers for anything you don’t need on the pitwalk itself (or that are just plain forbidden) can be put in lockers at Gates 7 or 8 for safekeeping.

I cannot speak for whether the paddock entrance will be accessible at any time during the weekend proper. However, I would also note that 3-day-ticket holders also get free entry to the following week’s test session, which potentially (though not necessarily) could offer more scope.

Alianora La Canta
    Participant

For anyone reading this in preparation for next year…

…it turns out that heatwaves, plus the rule about only being able to bring 0.5 litres of water to the circuit can cause trouble. Keep close to the sinks (where you can get free refills), drink lots of water and stay far from the cheap beer during the hottest times of the day.

And if it doesn’t go to plan… …I stayed in a Hungarian hospital for 5 days for heatstroke. They treated me well and understood the English medical documentation I had with me even without me needing to self-advocate. So if you have a medical issue, can handle heat and want to travel to a Grand Prix, Hungary looks like a good choice.

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.