Going to the Italian Grand Prix at Monza

Pit-lane walk

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Author
    sam

Can anyone tell me if they open the pit lane on the thur for a pit-lane walk like they do at spa, as I am looking at going to monza next year and need to book flight from Luton but the flight times are not to good, so before l book my flight wanting to find out if you can do the pit-lane walk and if it is worth it. Thanks

helixios
    Participant

When I went in 2010 the pit walk was available on the Thursday for weekend ticket holder. I’d expect it would be the same this year! :)

AndrewTanner
    Participant

It was open in 2011 as well. They opened the doors when they said they would.

My advice is to get there early. Don’t worry about being at the front of the queue, that isn’t necessary, but somewhere near the front is advantageous. We didn’t meet any drivers or anything like that, we were too busy being mesmerised by everything else. However, if that’s your thing, stick yourself directly outside the garage as central as possible and pester as many people as you can to see if your preferred driver will actually make an appearance. It’s not a guarantee and they do stress that.

All you need, like @helixios said is a weekend ticket.

I wasn’t aware they did it at Spa, I’m going there this year.

helixios
    Participant

As Andy said – it was open last year, don’t bet on a glimpse of Schuey or Hamilton when in the pits though unless you’re willing to shoulder barge!

You and I never did grab that pint at the track in 2011 at Monza Andy – I think the atmosphere at the track probably side tracked us both! :)

AndrewTanner
    Participant

I think you’re right mate! A nice Swedish man shared his beer with us on Sunday so I was all set-up!

The best experience in the pit-lane was getting to sit on the McLaren pit-wall, then getting kicked off the Red Bull one.

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.