Going to the Malaysian Grand Prix at Sepang

Going to the 2017 Malaysian Grand Prix at Sepang International Circuit

This topic contains 78 replies, has 20 voices, and was last updated by  plushpile 2 weeks, 4 days ago.

Viewing 15 posts - 16 through 30 (of 79 total)
  • Author

Alex green
    Participant

I just cant see past sitting at k1 on the first corner,i actually got a freebie into the paddock club 1 year and left to watch the race on the first corner.Always loads of action there
    Ive never stayed in the sepang area i always stay in the city and normally use the train/bus combo.Loads to do and see at night

yeang
    Participant

i’m from singapore, planning to head up for my first (and perhaps last!) malaysian grand prix too.

@awizul (or anyone else) may i ask if you would recommend buying tickets off the f1.com website, or the sepang international circuit website?

thanks and cheers!

@awizul
    Participant

Hola @yeang

Buy straight from Sepang Circuit itself.

Cheers

yeang
    Participant

thanks @awizul! appreciate it :)

wilman
    Participant

i am going to this year’s gp but i am going alone, do you guys think its safe?

Anonymous

Wilam – are you worried about terrorism or getting served an uncooked chicken satay?

You have just signed up to the site one hour ago and asking about GP travel safety?
    Either give more info on your concerns or improve your trolling skills!!!

Thecollaroyboys
    Participant

What’s the frequency of the shuttle between the airport and the circuit and vice versa?

Anonymous

I think it was every 15 or 20 min, pretty quick turnaround.

Alex green
    Participant

Yeah its a basically as soon as they are full they go.The train bus combo is superb,a few times ive been sat in my hotel room in downtown kl just after an hr after ive left the circuit,but ive also been a couple of hours
    Has anybody used the bus shuttle from beside the towers (i think) to the circuit.Im staying close to there this year so may go that way,i usually stay at the hilton at the train station hence always using the train

Thecollaroyboys
    Participant

Thanks guys. I was thinking of staying at the Hilton or the other big hotels at Sentral. Is Sentral a good area for Nightlife? I want to see some music or at least have a lively restaurant/social area near where I stay.

Alex green
    Participant

Not really but theres plenty food places nearby that cater for the local tastes,also the usual burger joints in the train station.Ive stayed in that Hilton the last 3 years,im quite happy going local
    Bintang is the nightlife area but its very ex pat orientated,basically up around the towers but its few stops on the metro from Sentral

John Kang
    Participant

@awizul I am planning to watch Malaysian GP, and take my one week vacation at singapore.
    I am planning to fly to singapore on sunday night, which is after the race.

1. Race is Scheduled to end at 5 PM. Then is it possible to take flight by or before 8 PM?
    2. How much time do I need to get to airport(from circuit)?

@awizul
    Participant

Hi @kjd2338

Yeah the circuit is just few minutes from KLIA, just need to worry about the after race rush.

Cheers

John Kang
    Participant

WOW! Thanks for the reply @awizul.
    Have a nice weekend~~

Thecollaroyboys
    Participant

Is it possible to walk from the main grandstand area to the F stand? Is there an underpass or is it just a long walk back around the perimeter, or a long wait for transport?

Does F have any screens I can’t see any on the fan youtube clips I’ve seen? Is the commentary on the PA any good or should I bring an FM radio/F1 App?

Is it possible to walk back to the airport? I hear that the wait for the shuttle can be horrendous.

Viewing 15 posts - 16 through 30 (of 79 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.