Going to the Spanish Grand Prix at Circuit de Catalunya

Going to the 2016 Spanish Grand Prix at Circuit de Catalunya

Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)
  • Author

Are you going to the 2016 Spanish Grand Prix at Circuit de Catalunya? Join or start a discussion below and swap notes with other people who are going to this race.

You can also find more discussion threads about going to the Spanish Grand Prix.

conrad arnold
    Participant

After going to the Abu Dhabi GP with me the wife quite enjoyed it and we are now going to the Spanish GP next year what in your opinion are the best seats to go for we were looking at Main High

Conrad

conrad arnold
    Participant

After going to the Abu Dhabi GP with me the wife quite enjoyed it and we are now going to the Spanish GP next year what in your opinion are the best seats to go for we were looking at Main High

Conrad

Mick
    Participant

Hi Conrad,

Spain is great track with plenty of good viewing areas. My son and I have been for the last 3 years. I’m not that keen on the main grandstand as your view is limited to the pits and the main straight. If you’ve never seen the start of a race then maybe thats the place to be, but there are much better viewing areas.

Stand K (2013): Towards the end of the main straight gets a view of corners 1 and 2. They then disappear around turn 3 and come back into view for turns 5,6,7,8, before loosing them around turn 9. This stand is good value for money, Cheaper than the last stand right on the fist corner but the views are good.

Stand L (2014): Sits on the hill between turns 3 & 5. You get views of turns 1,2 then they disappear behind turn 3 before coming back into view as they exit turn 4. You can then follow them round turns 5,6,7 & 8 until you lose them around turn 9. Again this is a great stand with good views.

Either of these stands is great and we saw overtaking moves into turns 1, 5,6 and 7. If I had to pick a favourite I’d probably go for stand L.

Stand H (2015): On turn 15. This stand gets great views of the back half of the track. The cars come into view at the end of the back straight at turn 10 and you can follow them until they disappear round turn 15 (last corner) back onto the pit straight.

Its a preference as to whether you want to see the first half of the lap of the second. having done both can’t say I mind.

I’m not going 2016 after 3 years have decided to go somewhere different so we’re of to Hungary. But if we were going I would 100% decide between stand L (high right as you look at it from the track) or stand H (high right as you look at it from the track). Whatever you decide have a great time, Barcelona is a great town.

conrad arnold
    Participant

Hi Mick,

Many Thanks for the detailed reply will take all in to consideration, am also going to Silverstone for the 3rd year as its only 30 minutes from my house in Milton Keynes

Conrad

Mick
    Participant

Yes, We will be at Silverstone as well. That ones become a bit of a habit, 2016 will be our 17th year in a row.

You’re a bit closer than us we’re about 45 minutes away and live in Bedfordshire.

Enjoy both races.

conrad arnold
    Participant

Hi Mick we have gone for stand k.

Silverstone I am going to farm or village cant remember hope its dry

Mick
    Participant

Stand K is a great view you’ll enjoy.

If you need any other info like getting to the track from Barcelona let me know. Don’t know where your staying but we’ve stayed at the same place for the last 3 years. Its not exactly the Ritz but its a reasonably cheap, clean and convenient (private room and bathroom) hostel. I guess it depends if your looking for a room for the race weekend in a convenient location or a holiday with the wife. My wife wouldn’t appreciate it if i took her there for a two week holiday, but for a few nights over a race weekend ok.

At silverstone we’re in Woodcote A – Block 1. There are some great views down the Wellington straight and around to Copse.

conrad arnold
    Participant

We have a house near Torrevieja near alicante so we are staying there for our 2 week holiday then have booked 4 nights in Mollett del Valles.

Mick
    Participant

Ok, even better. have a great time.

Mathew
    Participant

So going to my first GP tomorrow, what are you allowed to bring in Food/Soft drink/beer wise?

Looking into things looks like last year was bring in no beer and non sold on site but that seemed like a surprise any idea of the rules this year?

Tom_ec1
    Participant

Going to the race tomorrow but just noticed terms on tickets say no cameras allowed! This is crazy. Anyone been already this weekend and any idea whether I’ll have any difficulty bringing my DSLR in?

Alexander Scott
    Participant

I last went to a Spanish GP in Catalunya in 2011 but even back then, the security was pretty high. It was a really hot weekend and i wanted to take deodorant with me on the fri & sat, but on both days it was confiscated from me at the bag search. Not allowing cameras in sounds strange but almost in line with other things they do there.

As for beer, they don’t allow cans or glass bottles but they do allow plastic bottles. If you’re getting the train into Mont Melo, on the way to the track there are shops on the left hand side of the street which sell beer in plastic bottles. It’s not always cold, but if you have some frozen bottles of water inside a cooler bag, they’ll be chilled by the time you’re ready to start drinking!

Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.