Going to the United States Grand Prix at Circuit of the Americas

Going to the 2012 United States Grand Prix at the Circuit of the Americas

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 32 total)
  • Author

Discussion area for people going to the 2012 United States Grand Prix.

Chris Yu Rhee
    Participant

Korea redux?

At least this track has a construction schedule, but by looking at it, I can understand why the author of the article feels this way. I think he has the same construction experience that I have.

Article:
    Will it be ready for the U.S. Grand Prix? Circuit of the Americas Formula 1 track is way behind schedule.

“The same can be said of all of the other structures shown on the schedule. Every one of them has slipped significantly, and every structure will require every day of the available calendar to get back on track.

As a guy who spent the last 30 years+ in engineering/construction, this makes me very nervous.”

http://austin.culturemap.com/newsdetail/01-24-12-23-45-f1-circuit-construction-way-behind-schedule-can-they-catch-up/

joac21
    Participant

Just bought tickets! turn 3 grandstand

rich
    Participant

Good for you joac21, I got mine 2 weeks ago for T4. I’m looking forward the F1 expo here in Austin this weekend, will you be there?

joac21
    Participant

No, im from Mexico, im making the trip to austin for that week…. are you from Austin ?

rich
    Participant

Hola joac21, yes I live 6 mile from the track, do you have family in Texas, will this be you first F1 race? VIVA SERGIO PEREZ!!!!!

joac21
    Participant

rich yes its my first race! iits shaping up to be a great one… 6 mile from the track thats convenient! no i dont have family there im awaiting news on the RV parking at the track.. and YEES VIVA SERGIO PEREZ! is this your first race ?

rich
    Participant

Hey joac21, it’s my first race also. I drove by the track today and I believe I found the main entrance to the track, it’s near turn 11, which makes it 3.4 mile from my house, but it doesn’t matter since we’re going to be shuttled in, unless you have premium setting.

I was told at the expo that the section between turn 11 & 12 is for RV parking, sweet for you, that part of the track seems to be the fastest, DRS if you know what i mean, stay in touch.

trublu
    Participant

I’m about to buy tickets but I’m stuck on trying to decide between turn 9 and turn 11. Anyone have some thoughts?

rich
    Participant

I would suggest you get them while they last, both sections look good.

joac21
    Participant

hey rich did they told anything else about RV parking ? i sent emails to the circuit and no response yet….

rich
    Participant

No joac21 nothing yet. Most of the talk is about parking and transportation. I would think that once they make this announcement something in reference to the RV rental will follow, but thats just my opinion, just keep your eyes on the COTA web page, and don’t wait for a email, good luck.

australian
    Participant

has anyone got an idea how far the town is from the closest major city? as in travelling time?? tips on wear to stay hotels etc?? i heard the track is kind of isolated?? will shuttle buses etc be running ? or any idea on the cost USD$ for a cab from austin to the track>>
    all feedback very appreciated thank you

rich
    Participant

Hi, australian, unless you purchased premium seats and parking you will be shuttled to the track, cab’s will not be allowed. The track is maybe 18 miles east of downtown Austin, the next major city would be San Antonio, with is 1.25 hours south of Austin, so book your flight,car and hotel and C’MON.

joac21
    Participant

@speediea hey rich.. still no news about RV parking at the track…. can you recommend me some nice RV places in Austin ?? hotels rooms are almost out!! thanks

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 32 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.