Formula Two

GP2 on Sky

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author
    mildertduck
    Participant

I was just poking the Sky TV guide (to find out times to ask my local landlord if he is willing to show F1), and found this…

Live Malaysian GP2 Practice – Fri, 23rd, 3:55am
    Live Malaysian GP2 Qualifying – Fri, 23rd, 7:50am
    Live Malaysian GP2 Race 1 – Sat, 24th, 2:55am

Malaysian GP2 Qualifying Replay – Fri, 23rd, 4:15pm, Sat, 24th, 9:35pm
    Malaysian GP2 Race 1 Replay – Sat, 24th, 9:45am, 2:45pm, 11:40pm

That’s all three sessions live, plus replays of qualifying and race at relatively normal times! I hope I can talk my local into showing it too, now…

Joel Holland
    Participant

It would take quite the motorsport fan to get up at 4 in the morning for GP2 practice.

th13teen

I would if I did not have Work/School to go to, but I did risk F1 Practise and it was worth it. Is the GP2 in the same format as F1 but with a shorter race, or what?

Joel Holland
    Participant

Race one (feature race) is about an hour and awards the same points as F1. Grid decided by qualifying, which isn’t knockout or anything fancy like that, just an hour (I think) session like F1 had a decade ago.

Race two (sprint race) has a partially reversed grid. Last year it was top 8, but with the points now mirroring F1 it may be top 10 (so tenth place finisher starts on pole, ninth starts second etc). Not sure on that though. Points in this are only awarded down to eighth and are less than in the feature. Not sure what for 2012 as it’s changed. There are also bonus points for pole and fastest lap in each race.

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.