IndyCar

Danica in Vegas

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Author
    cduk_mugello
    Participant

Just saw that Danica topped the first practise session in Vegas…

http://www.autosport.com/news/report.php/id/95320

Thought it’d be a great way for her to bow out of Indycars, after a pretty lacklustre career that failed to live up to the hype. Still a fan of hers though.

Prisoner Monkeys
    Participant

If Danica Patrick was actually named Daniel Patrick, then he would not have a) as received as much attention as Danica has, and b) remained in the sport as long as Danica has.

Joey-Poey
    Participant

She is talented. She has to have some competence to have been driving this long in the series without becoming a joke. But, I do agree with PM in the sense that she garners FAR too much attention for her abilities and performance. The other female drivers in the series (of which there are now a fair amount) don’t get nearly as much attention while some are about at the same level of performance.

I suppose the sum of things for me is that I’m ambivalent towards her. She doesn’t impress, though she is no slouch. Simply not worth a hubbub until she proves otherwise.

Prisoner Monkeys
    Participant

The other female drivers in the series (of which there are now a fair amount) don’t get nearly as much attention while some are about at the same level of performance.

Maybe they will now. Simona de Silvestro is pretty good.

Joey-Poey
    Participant

Simona won me over with her 4th place run at St. Petersburgh and then later the way with which she earned her “Iron Maiden” nickname. Girl is tough.

BasCB
    Participant

I became a bit of a fan for that as well @joey-poey. I really think Danica took the “female race driver = drool” factor too far.

That said, it would be nice if she would do a solid job in Vegas to say goodbye.

Adam Tate
    Participant

Though Danica isn’t the best racer in Indycar, she’s finished around 10th in the standings for the past several seasons. It would be good for her to have a strong result before she hangs up the helmet.

I’ll miss her in the sport, My Dad actually got the valve stems off her car from the Texas Race last year. We were in the garages after the race and got them right from one of the crew members…after he tossed em that is ;)

Simona is something else too, I think she will be the new IT girl in Indycar now, and she has earned that nickname, I saw her fire at that same Texas race and it was very scary in person!

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.