IndyCar

Hawksworth wins LMPC class at Brickyard Grand Prix; Karam 2nd overall

Viewing 1 post (of 1 total)
  • Author
    SP
    Participant

http://www.indycar.com/News/2014/07/7-25-Hawksworth-wins-class-at-Brickyard-Grand-Prix

“It feels pretty awesome,” Hawksworth said. “It was a lot of fun. We had a great battle with Bruno (Junqueira) and ended up with an RSR 1-2. We were both slicing through the traffic. I just got my chance and I took it.

Sage Karam co-drove the No. 01 Daytona Prototype for Chip Ganassi Racing with Felix Sabates to a runner-up finish in the race after leading the race at the midway point.

“They say Indianapolis is good to some people and so far she’s been good to me,” said the 19-year-old from Nazareth, Pa., who has finishes of second in the Freedom 100 and ninth in the Indianapolis 500 in his previous oval starts at Indianapolis Motor Speedway. “The Chip Ganassi Racing guys really put together a masterpiece of a car for me. I would be happier if we had won, but as far as my performance and the team’s performance it was a great result.”

Looks like these two will continue the trend of Indycar drivers doing well in tintop racing.

Viewing 1 post (of 1 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.