IndyCar

indycar fanatic?

Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)
  • Author
    Anonymous
    Inactive

Is there a site out there like F1Fanatic for IndyCar? I’m looking to get more into IndyCar this year and was wondering if there was a site that you check every day like I do here.

SP
    Participant

Not one site in particular. http://www.eformulacarnews.com is quite good for junior\ladder series coverage though.

sushant008
    Participant

@pastaman @jb001 – I follow Racer Magazine for all the news and insides. Their Youtube channel is very useful as well. Obviously IndyCar.com is also great. Do check the IndyCar 101 if you are new to this sport.
    And if you want full race videos, then this channel is the best.

SP
    Participant

Racer’s articles are hit and miss for me.

sushant008
    Participant

@jb001 – Yes but at least they are better than NBC website or any news channels. And Robin Miller’s mailbag is always a great read.

SP
    Participant

I respectfully disagree. I’ll take NBC Sports over that any day. The problem is no one site picks up everything and there’s too much ill-informed opinion being thrown around as fact.

sushant008
    Participant

OK. But nobody else has Robin Miller. The best n funniest IndyCar reporter!

Anonymous
    Inactive

Having Indycar 101 state “Drivers in Indycar are paid” would be quite attractive to some F1 fans, I think.

Force Maikel
    Participant

Well let’s not forget F1 Fanatic itself has a great deal of attention for indycar, not detailed but we have F1 fanatic live during race weekends and here on the forum it seems to generate plenty of discussion as well.

SP
    Participant

Having Indycar 101 state “Drivers in Indycar are paid” would be quite attractive to some F1 fans, I think.

Yes, there are actually fewer pay drivers in Indycar than F1 for this season (the disparity is greater when counting reserve drivers). I think in general hiring pay drivers has backfired for the teams that did so (KV Racing Technology and Dragon come to mind). There’s a reason why it’s usually Target Chip Ganassi Racing and Verizon Team Penske battling for the championship. ;-)

Anonymous
    Inactive

Yeah I’m basically looking for a “Keith Collantine for IndyCar” plus the community, but apparently there isn’t one

Craig Woollard
    Participant

Maybe not one based in the UK, but I am assuming there are some dedicated blogs over in the states with a good following. Keith does a great job covering the IndyCar on F1F Live when it is on though.

Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.