IndyCar

2014 Iowa Corn Indy 300

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 15 total)
  • Author
    SP
    Participant

http://www.iowaspeedway.com/

Next week, Indycar heads to “the fastest short track in the world”, Iowa Speedway. Helio Castroneves qualified fastest at the 0.875 mile oval last year, with an average speed of 185.687mph.

sushant008
    Participant

Oh, sorry @jb001, I created another topic for this one. Didn’t know this was already created. Please merge them Keith.

David-A
    Participant

It’s a first pole position of the season for Scott Dixon.

SP
    Participant

Good to see Ganassi back in the mix, 3 cars in the first 2 rows.

sushant008
    Participant

Quali results-

SP
    Participant

Huertas is going to get lapped a lot tonight :p

Craig Woollard
    Participant

Interesting to see Ganassi right back at the front here, they haven’t done that too often this season. I have the race on record (1:30am is a touch too early/late for me) but will watch it first thing tomorrow. Should be intriguing!

Euro Brun
    Participant

Really good race. Amazing finish. Lots of real close wheel to wheel action. Hinchcliffe and Pagenaud were side by side for almost 6 laps at one point.
    6 yellows (1 that became a red for rain), but generally quite clean racing
    10 lap sprint to the end started with Kanaan and Dixon 1-2, Hunter-Reay came from almost nowhere. Think he was 6th at the restart.
    Carpenter took out Montoya (for the final caution), who was pretty livid – he’d had a good run up to that point, twice fighting from way back. Newgarden was the biggest mover, grabbing 2nd at the death after starting 21st.

P1. Hunter-Raey
    P2. Newgarden
    P3. Kanaan
    P4. Dixon
    P5. Carpenter

Power went wide and hit the wall with 7 to go from 4th place to end up 14th. Castroneves also dropped from 3rd at the restart to end up only 8th, but takes a slim lead in the championship.

SP
    Participant

Eh, you’re allowed to make one pre-emptive move and Carpenter moved before Montoya reached him. Power was penalised last week for moving twice when Castroneves was already on his rear wing.

sushant008
    Participant

That was an awesome race. Really enjoyed it.
    Final results:

sushant008
    Participant

Race highlights:

Championship standings:
    1.Helio Castroneves – 471
    2.Will Power – 462
    3.Ryan Hunter-Reay – 439
    4.Simon Pagenaud – 421
    5.Juan Pablo Montoya – 405

sato113
    Participant

is this the monster mile?

sushant008
    Participant

@sato113 – No. That is the Iowa speedway. Monster mile is the Dover speedway.

GeeMac
    Participant

That was a pretty good race I have to say. Felt really bad for Kanaan but I suppose the Andretti guys gambled with tyre strategy and it paid of big time.

R.J. O’Connell
    Participant

The pain of seeing JPM get chopped out of the race was wiped out when Newgarden surged to 2nd. If they had better luck for most of the season you’d be talking about him and SFHR as a winning team in 2014, on at least one, maybe two occasions.

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 15 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.