IndyCar

Power and Franchitti on row nine at Las Vegas

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • Author

Looks like being an exciting championship finale at Las Vegas – Dario Franchitti and Will Power are starting 17th and 18th:

http://www.indycar.com/news/show/55-izod-indycar-series/50901-championship-contenders-to-start-mid-pack/

Tony Kanaan’s on pole position and of course Dan Wheldon will start 34th and last.

We’ll be following the race on F1 Fanatic Live:

2011 Korean Grand Prix TV Times

Adam Tate
    Participant

I am glad to see it getting live coverage Keith, with the title rivals starting alongside one another it will really be up for grabs. My instinct says to bet on Dario due to his slight edge in oval performance, but I know Power will hurl everything he has at finally putting one over on him.

It’s also great to see TK back on pole again!!

What do you think of next year’s Dallara chasis and 2013 bodykits? I find it interesting and significant that both F1 and American open wheelers are having major regulations shake ups and a switch to turbo engines in the near future. Maybe an issue to explore in a future article?

Icthyes
    Participant

Oh. this is going be good

MattHT
    Participant

Will hopefully be joining in, or if not will be watching it on’t telly-box anyway. Should be a cracking finish :)

BasCB
    Participant

I saw this news coming up in the morning. Really nice. Kanaan up front is nice, having both Power and Franchitti in the mid field even better, and superb they are there together. Yes this has all cards mixed to give a great season finale!

Prisoner Monkeys
    Participant

I think the title is pretty much Franchitti’s. Power needs something like twenty-five points jsut to draw level with him, and Franchitti is much stronger on ovals than Power is.

I’m not too bothered by this. I thik think Will Power is a very llikeable character. He’s like Casey Stoner.

Icthyes
    Participant

It’ll only take one difference in strategy to send Power to the front and Dario to the back. Expect chip to cover whatever Penske do.

Prisoner Monkeys
    Participant

Indeed – but with Franchitti having the advantage, all Ganassi have to do is mirror Penske’s pit strategy, and Will Power will be Powerless (ba-dum-tish!).

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.