IndyCar

Sao Paulo race scrapped – report

Viewing 14 posts - 1 through 14 (of 14 total)
  • Author

The street race in Sao Paulo is being scrapped for next year according to a report from Brazil:

http://blogs.indystar.com/racingexpert/2013/09/06/sept-6-on-the-brazil-race-derrick-walker-and-jeff-burton/

Although this year’s race had a cracking finish I don’t really think very much of the track. If they want to race in Sao Paulo they should just go to Interlagos.

Anonymous
    Inactive

Considering the reason IndyCar give for racing street circuits is because the circuits can be built in the middle of cities close to large populations, it’s strange that they ignored Sao Paulo’s circuit built in the middle of the city close to a large population.

sushant008
    Participant

Good decision IMO, they should scrap Baltimore and St.Pete as well and add Road America, IMS infield course and COTA. That would be great. Also, they should use New-Jersey Street Circuit. Things might get interesting in F1 vs IndyCar battle then!

Anonymous
    Inactive
    Kingshark
    Participant

When I read the title I got real scared. Thank god it isn’t the F1 race!

sushant008
    Participant

@bmwf1 why not?

Anonymous
    Inactive

@sushant008 Well I was referring to the New Jersey part. I personally believe that nobody should be forced to race on that. Besides, I think Bernie made a rule against IndyCar using F1 circuits. I also don’t think they should scrap St. Petersburg. Other than Long Beach, St. Petersburg is the last IndyCar street circuit I’d get rid of.

Anonymous
    Inactive

Here’s what I think:

Circuits that IndyCar should drop from the calendar: Baltimore and Houston
    Circuits that I don’t feel too strongly either way about: Detroit and Toronto
    Circuits that I would be disappointed to see IndyCar drop: St. Petersburg and Long Beach

Carlitox
    Participant

I’ll always miss Jacarepagua, both the 80’s F1 track and the 90’s CART oval.

the_sigman
    Participant

@carlitox It has been destroyed now, because of the 2016 Olympics, right?

Anonymous
    Inactive

@sigman1998 SERIOUSLY???? That was an EPIC circuit.

the_sigman
    Participant

@bmwf1 http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Aut%C3%B3dromo_Internacional_Nelson_Piquet

In 2012, it was demolished to make way for facilities to be used in the 2016 Summer Olympics.

Travis
    Participant

Shame. One of the best street circuits I’d ever seen in terms of racing. Passing was always possible thanks to that never ending backstretch. Not the most interesting corner complexes, but a racetrack should also be about how exciting the races are there, and this place had some good ones.

Carlitox
    Participant

@sigman1998 @bmwf1 Yep, sadly because I reckon they could’ve built a facility without demolishing the track but oh well.

I liked the Sao Paulo layout very much, but to see IndyCar have a shot at Interlagos would be freaking epic.

Viewing 14 posts - 1 through 14 (of 14 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.