IndyCar

Schmidt Peterson to announce "major championship-winning driver" for Indy 500

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 25 total)
  • Author

Schmidt Peterson are to announce the addition of a “major championship-winning driver” to their line-up for the Indianapolis 500. Place your bets now…

Press release:

Schmidt Peterson Motorsports will make an announcement Wednesday, Feb. 26, regarding the addition of a major championship-winning driver to its lineup for the 98th Running of the Indianapolis 500. Team officials will be at the Indianapolis race shop, and the driver will participate live via satellite. INDYCAR will offer a teleconference following the 2 p.m. (ET) announcement.

Oli Peacock
    Participant

Seb Loeb? He seems up for anything these days

JackySteeg
    Participant

Kurt Busch maybe? He’s been interested in Indy for a couple of years now.

Ralf Schumacher.

cduk_mugello
    Participant

I’m going with Mika Hakkinen (in my dreams) :D

Carlitox
    Participant

Kimi Raikkonen with a mustache so that Ferrari doesn’t find out

Atticus
    Participant

It’ll almost certainly be Kurt Busch. I watched the Daytona 500 the other day and they in the booth talked about how close this thing really was for Kurt.

@Carlitox Oh I would love that. The flight from Monaco might be a stretch, though!

KeeleyObsessed
    Participant

I reckon it could be Seb Loeb. The only other major champion I can think of who’s expressed an interest in swithing disciplines is Valentino Rossi, but I can’t imagine that…

SP
    Participant

I’m not sure Chevrolet would want Busch driving for a Honda team in Indycar. More likely to be a Honda sportscar guy.

Dario Franchitti.

JackySteeg
    Participant

@jb001 I’d be very surprised if Chevrolet blocked Kurt from racing in Indy. If such exclusive deals were the norm, we wouldn’t see Chevrolet’s top IndyCar team, Penske, using rival Ford cars in NASCAR. Other than time constraints, I can’t see any real obstacle for Kurt Busch to race in both the Indy 500 and the Coke 600.

Iestyn Davies
    Participant

The return of Dario Franchitti would be an interesting outcome.. but the Kurt Busch one sounds interesting. Is he one of the NASCAR guys that is quite interested in single seaters? I’m also thinking of Tony Stewart and Jeff Gordon.

R.J. O’Connell
    Participant
    GeeMac
    Participant

I was kinda hoping it was Loeb, I enjoy seeing how he does in other formulae. It’ll be interesting to see how JV does though, a lot has changed since 1995…

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 25 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.