Karting

What are your Karting plans for 2012?

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 15 total)
  • Author
    Oli Peacock
    Participant

Could it be that you just want to try it out? or maybe your trying to find those extra tenths!

Whatever your Karting/motor racing(driving not watching lol) post them here!

Personally I’m gunning for a Top 5 finish in the Whilton Mill kart Club Junior Rotax championship while twinning it with the Ginetta Junior Scholarship program, with an eye of getting the drive for 2013

f199player
    Participant

i’m racing in he Daytona dmax karting series. been saving up for while but i’m looking forward to it

Nixon
    Participant

I want to be the best racer in Kuwait.

Starting with this Saturday (Jan 28), because there is a race that I will try to win.
    Update: You choose your kart through a raffle, so sometimes you are lucky while sometimes you are unlucky… I was unlucky.

Also good luck guys on achieving your plans! :)

TrueF1Grit

I’m looking at gaining few more tenths, and we’ll see where we go from there :)

realracer

To get competitive in a Go-Kart and find a move up to Car racing.

sam3110
    Participant

I want to get into Karting, but I have no idea how to go about it? I have done a few group team bonding things etc. at various places in South East England, and always seem to be good at it, certainly faster than my friends and colleagues, but I have no idea about track days, meetings, kart costs etc.

Anonymous
    Inactive

I’ll try and beat @babyboy17 when we go racing, many times hopefully, at a circuit near Milan, at Rozzano, and beat my best lap every time.
    Up to now, every time I’ve gone racing I’ve always beaten my previous best lap time, whether that be on a closed circuit I no longer go to or this better one.

Polishboy808
    Participant

Hoping to get a top 20 (maybe 10) in the Rotax Nationals this year, and hoping to add a few more wins. Looking forward to this year a lot, maybe going out of the states to do a few Pan-american races!

f1alex
    Participant

@sam3110 You don’t necessarily need your own kart to go racing. The UK has some pretty good ‘rental kart’ championships, in which you use the circuit’s own arrive and drive karts. There’s Covkartsport Which is one of the longest running series of it’s kind, and (speaking from experience) has some very quick and competitive drivers, and The British rental kart championship, which is only in it’s 2nd season but is also very competitive.

To do a season of either of these would be somewhere around £300-£400, which isn’t actually that expensive for a full season compared to owner driver karting.

EDIT: I just read that back and it makes me sound like some kind of salesman! Lol

sam3110
    Participant

@f1alex Thanks for that, the whole buying and maintaining my own kart has always been the biggest deterrent for me, so if I was to pursue this then renting would be the way to go!

robk23
    Participant

At the moment my karting plans for this year consist of trying to get back on a karting track for the first time since 2004 when I did a few arrive and drive sessions.

f199player
    Participant

I got off work early yesterday so I thought i’d go for a little practice

f199player
    Participant

My Dmax season so far

Oli Peacock
    Participant

Well, half way through the karting season now so have you met your targets? I Personally have felt ive made good progress with my overall pace but also my racecraft, which is always satisying. I set my target of 5th at the end of year but im 7th at the moment although ive had more thann my fair share of bad luck this season, i was 3rd heading into the final lap of my final but chain snapped which was gutting :( Anyway over to you! :)

Nixon
    Participant

There are only about 3 races a year here, and its summer so no races.

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 15 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.