Off-topic

Racing in the rain

Viewing 1 post (of 1 total)
  • Author
    joac21
    Participant

hello everybody.. i race in a regional modified vw beetle championship….never had a race in the wet. (doesnt rain too much)….but this weekend it was raining and they asked all the drivers if we want to have a go. and almost everybody said yes.. soo we raced in the wet. (almost first time for everybody)… and i have to say…it is VERY VERY VERY HARD.. seriously.. f1 drivers make it look soo easy…

i had a couple of practice sessions in wet but you go extra carefully because the walls are very close…. and it felt slippery but not that much… the thing is that in race conditions the guy that pushees thaaat bit more passes you.. and the guy that pushees thaat bit extra more spins off or goes off the track.. i have a pretty scary moment when braked too late and my car just went straight and i almost crashed with another guy who just made the same mistake… the pressure you feel in wet race conditions is just inmeeense

was a very very exciting race.. all drivers (including me) where really really ecstatic when the race finished.. the adrenaline was pumping really hard on us… we had such a great time that i didnt care that my mechanic left my carb protection on and my car switched off in the grid. so i had to start from the pitlane and finished a very hard earned 6th :)

it was a great experience and i felt the need to share it with you guys.. i read everyday on this site. but this is my first forum post….

bottomline: senna was extremely good. and i rate him even higher now

Viewing 1 post (of 1 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.