Max Mosley is an F1 blogs fan

Max Mosley, Monte-Carlo, Red Bull, 2007 | Red Bull / GEPAMax Mosley had several important and interesting things to say in his latest interview with The Times but what grabbed my attention was the but where he admitted to reading F1 blogs:

I don?t mind flak ?ǣ I come from a family where we have had flak all our lives ?ǣ but I realise some people do. I love reading the blogs when they are being furious about me, it?s very entertaining, and there is the odd one which defends me. But F1 simply cannot divorce itself from the zeitgeist.

This got me wondering, what happens when Max Mosley types his name into Google?

Max Mosley on Google (click to enlarge)

Max Mosley on Google (click to enlarge)

This F1 Fanatic article pops up at number five: Ten videos Max Mosley should watch.

I think he gets plenty of criticism as well as praise when it’s due. If you’re reading, Max, please leave a comment or get in touch it’d be great to get some feedback from you.

I met ex-Autosport journalist Nigel Roebuck today for an interview that’ll be on this site in a few days’ time. He said he’d asked Mosley why F1 doesn’t have things like free-to-air radio which NASCAR has that would be great for F1. Mosley agreed, but hasn’t got the manufacturers to agree to it. I wonder how many things like that get blocked because the teams are paranoid about change.

Photo copyright: Red Bull / GEPA

More on Max Mosley

27 comments on Max Mosley is an F1 blogs fan

1. I did the search right and your post came at 4th :-)

2. 5th also on swedish google, but with two wikipedia entries above,

btw, those videos are just great. unfortunatelly..

3. Cooperman said on 19th February 2008, 10:23

Perhaps Max’s fan of blogging (where you can say what you want because on the internet everyone’s entitled to an opinion, right?) gave him the excuse he needed to make such scandalous / possibly libellous ‘observations’ of Ron Dennis and Jackie Stewart last season??

4. The problem imho is a big money one.
    Teams, CVC, FIA etc..every one wants the F1 to healthy and want its share.

I’d be very glad to discuss with max mosley that would be interesting.

5. Journeyer said on 19th February 2008, 12:24

Maybe Max Mosley isn’t hopeless after all. He has done much to repair his reputation (at least to some extent) in the last few months, thanks to his quick actions in the Hamilton testing fracas, as well as his comments which seem to point to being a wee bit more open to change in the sport.

6. I just read the bit of the interview on pitpass and found that he still wants downforce reduced by 50% for 2009.

While he’s quite realistic that this won’t happen to the extent, i quite feel we here with an example of a wrong direction.

Cutting by 50% downforce can’t allow for the cars to go at the same speeds than now (even with better tyres).

He did plan on slowing down the cars on the basis “slower=better racing”.

Of course i disagree on that but more…will we end up with another “affordable open wheeler series” like A1/FN/GP2/IRL/CCWS/SLF etc…

That’s dull, i can’t see the point watching car from different classes being driven exactly the same way..

Take a look at onboard cameras of Spa that has been run this year by several different classes of race car.

in addition to driver’s technic differencies you can spot real differiencies between the cars.

GP2 pilots that come into F1 mention that F1 require another driving style from GP2 because of speed.

If it goes out..where’s the point?

7. I wonder if he reads f1fanatic then….

You never no, he might be “the odd one which defends” himself. I cant see anyone else doing it. :P

8. I did the search!yours came second on the list!!!

9. For me, one thing about Mosley is certain, he’s words are not turstworthy.

Just one example from last year(Mosley’s own words in his letter to the McLaren drivers, regarding the email evidance):

“I can confirm, given the importance of this issue, that any information you may make available in response to this letter will not result in any proceedings against you under the International Sporting Code or the Formula One regulations.”

But later after McLaren were thrown out, we were reading news about how Mosley wanted to see McLaren pair excluded, he said it is his “personal opinion” that McLaren “logically” should have also lost the drivers’ points as well. Excuse me, wasn’t he the one who offered the drivers amnesty at first place??? To it’s quite like this: I confirmed/I promised that I’ll buy you a present. But no, IMHO I really should not have bought it for you…

Mosley may know much much more about F1 than me, but it’s things like these that made it really hard for me to trust his decisions.

10. Sorry Max, you should not be LEADING anything in motorsports, you should be REGULATING and ADMINISTERING the rules of a series as created and adopted by THAT series.

His ego and need to see his face in the media and read his own words propels himself into the limelight. has he done any good for F1. Someone please list his accomplishments in the last dozen years, if you get past one hand I’ll be surprised. And PLEASE don’t even think of listing his handling of “spygate” as an achievement.

11. Steven Roy said on 19th February 2008, 17:34

Max’s achievements in full

1. He got rid of Balestre

2. erm … well that’s it

12. Journeyer said on 19th February 2008, 17:40

Steven, to be fair to Max, he has done some substantial things as FIA president. Most notably, he pushed for a more comprehensive set of road safety standards that are still in use today.

13. openwheel said on 19th February 2008, 17:59

I have been critical of Max for years. So there is absolutely nothing he can do to surprise ever again. We like to disagree with authority it is what makes us human. We like to question every thing. We need to know why. It is just this reason that Max gives absolutely no credit to us or what we have to say. “complaining is human nature”. His ego will not allow him to even fathom the idea that he may have made a bad decesion, ever! If he does read blogs he puts it off to “dribble from fanatics (no pun intended)” Our intelligence is lost on this man, I’m afraid! Look if I was a top level associate of a company that just reported to have lost 3 mil us I would propably be out looking for a job. I know CVC owns it so can’t they have say over it?

14. Pink Peril said on 19th February 2008, 22:31

I am sure it is only Mad Max’s growing meglomania that causes him to read the blogs as he says.

I, for one, doubt that he actually reads anything said about him. He just wants to see how many hits he gets off Google.

15. Robert McKay said on 19th February 2008, 22:45

I suspect Mosely only reads the blogs to find new people to try and sue :-D