Australian GP predictions results

DJDaveyP predicted the Australian Grand Prix better than anyone

DJDaveyP predicted the Australian Grand Prix better than anyone

DJDaveyP was the top predictor at the Australian Grand Prix weekend – he was the only person to correctly pick a Brawn GP one-two headed by Jenson Button, with Button also on pole.

He came out on top in the first predictions game of the year as we warm up for the F1 Fanatic Predictions Championship which will start at the Chinese Grand Prix weekend. Here are the results from the Australian Grand Prix:

First place: 35 points

DJDaveyP

Second place: 25 points

Paradoxos, Matt (2)

Fourth place: 20 points

Kallan, PawelF1, SamS, Simon, Luigismen, Sudhakar, Matt, Vegito2055, Phillippe, F1Fan, Keith Collantine

15th place: 10 points

Adam Lewis, Brody, Owen, Alastair, Ali, SYM, Dan Wells, Dan, Stealthman, Damjan006, Todd, Andy, Brendan, Pete Firestarter, SteveRobbo, Greg76, Dex69, Adrian, PJA, Rtut, Mystic Pizza, Darkcloud65, Whewbacca the cookie, Eddie Irvine, Loki, Rahzam, Cameron, Yosteffen, Bruno Cesar, Striay, TommyB, Cristian Fenichi, Darren, MacademiaNut, Donwatter, Kamran, Daniel, Haas, Pete Baldwin, Calhalla, Roser, Dave, Rcapanni, Nefastius, Michel S., Sriram, Bassfighter, Julian Billingham, Ioan, Sas, Graham 228221, Adam Tate, Toadette

Well played DJ DaveyP, and runners-up Paradoxos and Matt (one of two Matts who entered – might want to add a bit to your user names next time guys!). But can they repeat their form this weekend?

We’ll have a fresh round of predictions for the Malaysian Grand Prix on Friday. I’m thinking about tweaking the points system to spread the results out a bit more – leave any suggestions for how we could do that below.

We had over 200 predictions for the Australian Grand Prix. Join in the fun again this weekend – keep an eye out for the Malaysian Grand Prix predictions post after free practice two finishes on Friday.

But it all gets more serious when the Chinese Grand Prix weekend arrives and we start playing for prizes…

Update – OK so with Trulli promoted to third the scorers are now:

1st, 35 points – DJDaveyp, Simon, Luigismen, Sudhaker,

5th, 25 points – Alastair, Dan, Donwatters, Paradoxos, Matt (2), Ioan, Toadette

12th, 20 points – Kallan, PawelF1, SamS, Matt, Vegito2055, Phillippe, F1Fan, Keith Collantine

43 comments on Australian GP predictions results

1. Owen said on 1st April 2009, 8:01

Great comp Keith, keep up the good work!

A suggestion for spreading the points – how about points for getting a driver in the top 3 but the wrong position. Say 2 or 5 points? At the moment you could have the top 3 drivers but in the wrong order and get no points for it.

And I’m not just saying that because I had Barrichello 3rd!

• Macademianut said on 1st April 2009, 15:40

This comment should be an example for FIA for not changing to the medal system. BRAVO. :)

• Or use the difference between predicted order and actual order?

e.g.:
      correct position: 10 points
      off by 1: 6 points
      off by 2: 3 points

2. DGR-F1 said on 1st April 2009, 8:14

I hope the on-screen graphics for everyone competing will include a little battery which shows how much energy they are spending on it……. :-)

3. StrFerrari4Ever said on 1st April 2009, 8:22

damn i better try harder for Sepang :D

4. SoLiD said on 1st April 2009, 9:01

Didn’t do to well here, but my ‘fantasy f1′ teams won me a pair of Mclaren shoes worth 140€ so I can’t complain :D

5. Chalky said on 1st April 2009, 9:04

How typically FIA of you! :D

6. Oliver said on 1st April 2009, 9:24

I noticed Keith is using a points system, but wouldn’t mind a medal system in F1 or winner takes all

7. ukk said on 1st April 2009, 9:28

I reckon you should go for the gold medals system, mate ;-) points are just so outdated :-)

8. I don’t accept that! It was illegal. I’ll appeal the decision immediately!

9. Hounslow said on 1st April 2009, 9:42

Maybe we could have another category of prediction for each race, Keith.
    Number of Disqualifications, Penalties and Appeals.

10. I actually won a predictions game! Wow!
    I must be getting better! I’m usually full of something!

11. Fer no.65 said on 1st April 2009, 10:48

I said Barrichello Raikkonen Trulli would be 1st 2nd and 3rd… FIA took me that one with Trulli :(

12. Loki said on 1st April 2009, 11:13

I don’t even remember my predictions, lol! I do remember trying to go for whatever anyone else wasn’t going for, a bit of a Spyker-Nurburgring-2007 tactic…obviously didn’t pay off as well!

10 points is still better than a kick in the gonads! :D

13. SYM said on 1st April 2009, 11:13

congrats djdaveyp. mois….10 pts…yippeee :)

14. gazzap said on 1st April 2009, 11:36

I went for Button 2nd and Barichello 3rd and got no points despite being really close on 2 drivers.
    someone could guess the right top 3 but in the wrong order and get no points while someone else gets one driver right and 2 drivers completely wrong and pick up points. something not quite right there.

• bassfighter said on 1st April 2009, 12:24

that souds like we must guess all the 20 places…
      and than after the race: why don’t I have points? :S I at least had all the 20 drivers… but not in the right order :D

• Keith Collantine (@keithcollantine) said on 1st April 2009, 22:33

Gazzap – Yeah that’s why I’m thinking of tweaking the system!

15. could you live somewhere a link so we could check exacly when we were tiping :P