Lotus T127 launched (Pictures)

Test driver Fairuz Fauzy shook down the Lotus T127 at Silverstone

Test driver Fairuz Fauzy shook down the Lotus T127 at Silverstone

Lotus has officially revealed the car it will return to F1 with in 2010 at a launch ceremony in London.

See below for pictures of the Lotus T127 – the first Lotus since 1994.

Image (C) Lotus F1

154 comments on Lotus T127 launched (Pictures)

1. Mr Branson put on that air hostess uniform!

2. Maciek said on 12th February 2010, 18:13

Design is simple (and the front section really borders on ugly, shape-wise), but we can’t expect anything else from a new contender. Livery looks good from the front, but kinda dinky from the side.

3. malaysianf1 said on 12th February 2010, 18:13

its naza group not nazi group lol…their new website is up and running too.. go and check it out

4. It seems pretty much the same as from the Autosport spy photos which makes sense.

The car looks okay considering it is a new team, though they are supposed to have quite a few former Toyota personal so that might explain why the front nose support struts remind me of the 2009 Toyota. The top of the side pods look very flat especially considering what we have become used to recently.

Unless that isnít their final diffuser they seem to be the only team to actually show photos of the back end like that, all the other teams have been covering their diffusers up.

I like the classic Lotus green & yellow livery especially the yellow wheels, but I feel it could be improved with a few tweaks here and there although I am not sure what changes I would make, but I would move the car number from in front of the rear wheels to the side of the rear wing unless they are planning to keep that area free for sponsors they may attract in the future

5. Chippie said on 12th February 2010, 18:15

My dreams have come true – It looks gorgeous, love the BRG, it looks so much better with a good camera angle. Now lets go and win a rain soaked Malaysian GP!

• 7Teen said on 13th February 2010, 5:53

just for the record…
      the Malaysian organizers had warn them countless times about the risk of rain,
      But leave it to Bernie to show the world of his “genius” idea to go with the thing that almost made teams almost leaving…
      Good Thing he is gone now!

6. Myles Woerner said on 12th February 2010, 18:20

I’m not gonna lie, I love this livery. Best looking car on the grid, hands down.

7. Beautiful looking car. Must say though, it’s cetainly not as “swoopy” looking in design as the other cars on the grid. However, it looks a lot better that the car USF1 has presented. (They have not broken cover yet of course.)

8. Bartholomew said on 12th February 2010, 18:29

Quite good looking ! I am only missing a touch of gold, could be in the WHEELS, where the yellow is
    Cheers

9. Looks ugly as sin, worse than the Mclaren. It’s mainly due to the colour of it, but also because of the huge buck teeth it has at the front!

Still… for as long as it works better than the Virgin (which I did have high hopes for…)

• fabio pellim said on 12th February 2010, 18:38

hahaha James I didn’t see you post, taste it is something unique, very funny read my post after your, cheers

• The car is the second prettiest this season after Renault.
        It does look vintage – makes me feel like it’s 1998 again ;-)

And…

NO SHARK FIN!!

• James said on 13th February 2010, 0:49

It just looks awful to me. My opinion… The Mercedes, Ferrari, Sauber and Virgin car(s) look the best of the bunch so far. But then looks aren’t everything, or so they say…!

• SteveH said on 12th February 2010, 21:26

The front wing looks like it’s ready to be broken off, IMHO.

10. fabio pellim said on 12th February 2010, 18:38

Maybe it won’t win a race, but definitely won my heart, the most beautiful car on the grid on 2010

11. Aleksandar Serbia said on 12th February 2010, 18:52

It’s got British all over it, i cannot decide between Jaguars F1 entry and this one, they are both distinctive to rest of the field but i wouldn’t say more appealing.

12. Andreas said on 12th February 2010, 19:00

This is the first thing that comes to my mind:

13. Myles Woerner said on 12th February 2010, 19:04

Oh and Keith, can we get the forum back up and running? I’m really missing it.

14. GeeMac said on 12th February 2010, 19:09

That looks mega, I love the livery, and I love the lack of a shark fin!

Just an observation: Didn’t Lotus only add the letter “T” to their turbo powered cars?

• The Lotus turbo cars had the “T” designation after the number, e.g. 97T. The new Lotus is T127.

• GeeMac said on 13th February 2010, 14:14

I can see that, so why have they named it “T127″? It should just be “127″. So have they strapped a turbo to that Cosworth engine without telling anyone?!?

15. three4three said on 12th February 2010, 19:22

Looks pretty good, if a little basic. I do like that yellow stripe though and the front wing is vastly more developed than the Virgin’s. And it’s good to see another car that suits the green ‘eco’ striped tyres (along with Force India).
    Any reason there’s no AirAsia on the livery, or is that part of the Naza Group on the rear wing?