A heavy crash cost Vitaly Petrov a potential points finish.
|Robert Kubica||Vitaly Petrov|
|Qualifying time comparison (Q2)||1’37.179 (-0.62)||1’37.799|
Looked set to spring a surprise in qualifying after topping the times in final practice. But he took eighth on the grid, saying he had too much oversteer.
Was passed by Michael Schumacher at the start and later by Nico H?â??lkenberg as he struggled for grip. But the car came to him in the later stages of the race and he finished fifth.
The first part was very tricky for me, because I had big problems warming up the tyres. I had no grip at all and couldn?óÔé¼Ôäót push ?óÔé¼ÔÇ£ I was just concentrating on keeping the car on the track.
For the second half, though, I think it was very good. It was important to look after the intermediate tyres and keep them in as good shape as possible, to get the benefit in the final laps. That was when I managed to gain a lot of positions, which meant everything turned out pretty well in the end.
Spun in Q2 leaving himself 15th, which became 20th on the grid following his penalty for the start-line crash in Suzuka.
Changed to intermediate tyres on lap 20 during the second safety car deployment, then worked his way up to seventh, passing the Sauber drivers and Timo Glock on his way.
But on lap 40 the back end of his Renault got away from him at turn 17 and he crashed heavily into the barriers:
I had stopped early for intermediate tyres on lap 20, so they were pretty worn by the time we started racing after the second Safety Car period.
I was still pushing to keep in front of the guys behind me, and I lost the car on the penultimate corner and had a big crash ?óÔé¼ÔÇ£ but I?óÔé¼Ôäóm okay.
2010 Korean Grand Prix
- Mercedes deny Massa held up Schumacher for Alonso
- Korea say 168,000 attended first F1 race
- Alonso not considering Brazil title win
- Hamilton: Alonso would have passed me
- Button: “I will fight until it’s impossible”
- Horner hits back over Webber criticism
- Korean International Circuit: your verdict
- Montezemolo: “We haven’t won yet”
- 2010 Korean Grand Prix: the complete F1 Fanatic race weekend review
- Who was the best driver of the Korean Grand Prix weekend? (Poll)
Promoted content from around the web | Become an F1 Fanatic Supporter to hide this ad and others