Sauber C30 launch – first pictures

2011 F1 cars

Sauber have launched their 2011 F1 car, the C30, in Valencia.

The team’s drivers Kamui Kobayashi and Sergio Perez revealed the car, which is the first to be designed under new technical director James Key.

2011 F1 cars

Browse all 2011 F1 cars articles

Images ?ι?® F1 Fanatic, Julien Leroy/Firstlap.be and Sauber ag. If you wish to use this image please contact F1 Fanatic to request permission

153 comments on Sauber C30 launch – first pictures

1. verstappen said on 31st January 2011, 12:25

I still like the wheels!

2. AndrewTanner (@andrewtanner) said on 31st January 2011, 13:23

I think it looks good. I was expecting to see more of the Telmex blue however.

3. chris sz (@chris-sz) said on 31st January 2011, 13:30

love those pics, i can even read the barcode on the front wing ;)

4. skodarap (@skodarap) said on 31st January 2011, 13:33

it’s a nice design, nothing special though but me likes it.

5. wasiF1 (@wasif1) said on 31st January 2011, 13:37

They could have work harder on the livery I do hope they also spend sometime with the car.

6. electrolite (@electrolite) said on 31st January 2011, 13:48

Wow what a beast! The livery isn’t what a lot of people expected but I think it looks pretty raw no nonsense to me, ready to race.

7. Joseph said on 31st January 2011, 14:41

Well….least better than previous an awkward name and no livery or primary sponsorship @ all.

8. Gridlock said on 31st January 2011, 14:57

Is there confirmation one way or another that this is the final livery?

And I cant wait to see what really lives under alll these high noses and rear ends… I suspect a lot of teams are sitting on some very interesting aero ideas for Bahrain around huuuuuge front wings (which only deflect per FIA spec..) and cunning methods of playing with the airflow out the back. All that data from 2 years of DDDs and EBDs has to have been put to best use under 2011 regs which to my mind means thinking around the edges of what the MRW gives you and trying to join this to whatever you can get away with out the back.

9. Sauber are probably thinking that it looks much better with the decals on, rather than not having anything to put on it at all.

Difficult to know how “special” a design it is until it hits the tracks during testing.

If ‘looks’ are anything to go by, then I would have to say that the Ferrari was the most yawn enducing car so far.

10. charlie said on 31st January 2011, 17:23

wow so much hate for Lotus-Renault and here we have a genuinely ugly car and so many of you praise sauber… whats up with that?

11. Younger Hamilton said on 31st January 2011, 18:36

Car looks pretty good really like the design of it but does it have the drivers(Most definetely Kamui but Sergio has to impress) and sufficient Aerodynamic Performance to build on from Last year,we’ll see in Pre Season Testing and in Bahrain

12. Alexi (@alexi) said on 31st January 2011, 21:48

What an horrible car. I don’t mind the dark gray, white and red colors, but it feels like they let a little kid stamp the sponsorers’ logos around and were done with it.

13. Kris H. said on 1st February 2011, 6:04

No retro-livery, no fancy launch, no 3 test drivers, no 3 car companies plastered on the car. Just a good sensible design and two drivers ready to race like heck. Typical Sauber.

14. Interstingt the Claro sponsorship, it’s a brazilian telecom company which operates only in Brazil and there’s no brazilian pilot driving for Sauber this year.
    This not that common among brazilian companies regarding sponsoring sports.