2011 F1 testing
Jerome d’Ambrosio will drive in all four days of the Barcelona test for Virgin next week.
The team confirmed their rookie driver will do the entire test as team mate Timo Glock recovers from surgery.
Glock had his appendix removed yesterday.
The team do not expect Glock’s recovery will prevent him from competing in the first race of the season in Melbourne.
The Barcelona test begins on March 8th.
Update: Virgin team principal John Booth issued a statement:
“I can confirm that Timo had an operation yesterday to remove his appendix after a sudden case of appendicitis. The procedure was routine and Timo is recovering well in a Swiss hospital where he is likely to remain for a further 24 hours.
“To ensure a swift recovery, it is unlikely that he will take part in next week?óÔé¼Ôäós test in Barcelona and that Jerome will run on all four days instead, however, we will make a final decision early next week. We look forward to having Timo back with us very soon.”
2011 F1 testing
- Young Drivers Test Day 3 in pictures
- Vergne completes third day on top in Abu Dhabi
- Young Drivers Test Day 2 in pictures
- Vergne stays quickest on second day of test
- Italian F3 pair complete Ferrari test
- Jean-Eric Vergne leads first day of young drivers test
- McLaren cover least test distance with new car
- Rosberg: Mercedes are “on the up”
- Second Barcelona test day 5 in pictures
- Hamilton: reliability and pace concerns for McLaren
Image ?é?® Pirelli
Promoted content from around the web | Become an F1 Fanatic Supporter to hide this ad and others