Sergio Perez says he hopes his string of bad luck will come to an end in the Spanish Grand Prix next week.
The Sauber driver said: “I have been quite unlucky in the previous races and I really have the feeling the Spanish Grand Prix is when this will change.
“I strongly believe I will score points there. I am very motivated and I like the Barcelona circuit a lot. Also I always did well there.
“In Turkey we weren?óÔé¼Ôäót able to show our potential and I hope this changes in Spain and, to begin with, we are better in qualifying. We will bring an update for the car and I trust it will meet our expectations.”
Perez was disqualified from seventh place on his Grand Prix debut due to a technical infringement.
He picked up two drive-through penalties in China and hit Pastor Maldonado on the first lap in Istanbul, damaging his front wing.
Technical director James Key said Sauber are bringing a large packages of updates to Barcelona:
?óÔé¼?ôWe?óÔé¼Ôäóll have a new, quite significant aero package on the car, which will be a completely new front wing, updates to the front and rear brake ducts, new bodywork, new devices around the floor leading edge and under the chassis, and we?óÔé¼Ôäóll be testing the new exhaust system again.
“We?óÔé¼Ôäóll also be continuing our work on the mechanical update we had in Istanbul, which proved to be positive. So it will be interesting to see how this works.
“If it works well it should give us a good few tenths of a second improvement in lap time. Our goal is to continue our good race form, to try to improve qualifying and finish as high in the points as possible.”
2011 Spanish Grand Prix
- 2011 Spanish Grand Prix: complete race weekend review
- Vote for the best driver of the Spanish Grand Prix weekend
- Red Bull: Vettel soaks up pressure for fourth win
- McLaren: Hamilton strong on “disastrous” Pirellis
- Ferrari: Alonso stars, Massa struggles
- Mercedes: Rosberg wanted Schumacher to let him pass
- Renault: Heidfeld eighth after “worst fire of my career”
- Williams: Maldonado reaches Q3 but still no points
- Sauber: Kobayashi gets point after puncture
- Force India hold back on aerodynamic upgrade
Image ?é?® Sauber F1 Team