Jerome d’Ambrosio will start the Canadian Grand Prix despite failing to beat the 107% time in qualifying.
The stewards took into account Virgin’s explanation that he had to switch to the spare car today following his crash at the end of second practice yesterday.
D’Ambrosio was outside the 107% time by half a second in Q1.
He will start the race from last place.
2011 Canadian Grand Prix
- Technical review: 2011 Canadian Grand Prix
- 2011 Canadian Grand Prix: complete race weekend review
- Vote for your Canadian GP driver of the weekend
- McLaren: Button makes amends for collision with stunning win
- Red Bull: Vettel finally cracks under pressure
- Ferrari: Alonso rues ‘bad luck’ after retiring
- Mercedes: Schumacher misses out on podium
- Sauber: Kobayashi slips from second to seventh
- Renault: Heidfeld crash leaves Petrov fifth
- Williams: Barrichello in points, Maldonado crashes
Image ?é?® Virgin Racing