2011 Italian GP team review
Force India are now higher than they’ve ever finished in the constructors’ championship having overtaken Sauber for sixth.
|Adrian Sutil||Paul di Resta|
|Qualifying time comparison (Q2)||1’24.209 (+0.046)||1’24.163|
Force India drivers’ lap times throughout the race (in seconds):
|Paul di Resta||124.067||143.372||136.885||94.002||94.986||92.235||92.165||91.62||91.303||90.774||90.938||90.912||95.204||108.852||90.651||90.368||90.243||90.094||90.322||89.9||90.127||89.813||90.248||89.807||89.672||89.78||89.699||89.62||89.695||89.763||94.411||109.324||89.985||89.61||89.232||89.246||89.449||89.033||88.808||90.436||89.074||88.654||88.778||88.482||88.117||89.085||88.269||88.101||88.096||88.225||89.235||88.054|
Sutil started the race on medium tyres and had to take to the gravel to avoid the first-corner crash.
His car wasn’t damaged but he retired on the tenth lap with an hydraulic problem while running 14th.
Paul di Resta
|Pit stop 1||Soft 21.87s|
|Pit stop 2||Medium 23.069s|
“Monza is not the easiest of tracks to get up to speed on,” was di Resta’s initial verdict on a track he had never raced at prior to this weekend.
He got to grips with it quickly enough to out-qualify Sutil by a scant four-hundredths of a second.
Having avoided the lap one carnage, di Resta made an early pit stop on lap 13. This allowed him to jump in front of Pastor Maldonado, but he lost a position to Jaime Alguersuari with his correspondingly early switch to medium tyres on lap 31.
He caught Alguersuari over the final stint but was still almost four seconds behind at the flag.
That netted his fourth points finish of the season which moves Force India ahead of Sauber on the constructors’ championship.
Drove di Resta’s car in first practice.
2011 Italian Grand Prix
- Sebastian Vettel named Driver of the Weekend for Monza
- Rate the race result: 2011 Italian Grand Prix
- FIA steward Daly says Schumacher should have had penalty
- 2011 Italian Grand Prix: complete race weekend review
- Vote for your Italian GP driver of the weekend
- Red Bull: Vettel poised to clinch second title
- McLaren: Button leads Hamilton home again
- Ferrari: Alonso admits “the title is gone”
- Mercedes: Schumacher fifth after Hamilton battle
- Renault: Senna claims first points finish
Image ?é?® Force India F1 Team