2011 Korean GP team review
Barrichello beat both Saubers and a Renault on his way to 12th.
|Rubens Barrichello||Pastor Maldonado|
|Qualifying time comparison (Q1)||1’39.538 (+0.102)||1’39.436|
Williams drivers’ lap times throughout the race (in seconds):
|Start tyre||Super soft|
|Pit stop 1||Soft 21.722s|
|Pit stop 2||Soft 22.347s|
Barrichello made a single run in Q1 and abandoned his second lap as he felt he wasn’t going to be an improvement. He was knocked out by Maldonado and started 18th.
He hugged the inside of the first corner at the start, staying out of trouble and gaining three places, though he was passed by Sebastien Buemi on lap three.
He was one of the first drivers to make a scheduled pit stop, coming in on lap ten and switching from super soft to soft tyres. He had good pace in his final stint, also on soft tyres, passing Bruno Senna on lap 50 on his way to 12th place.
|Pit stop 1||Soft 21.569s|
|Pit stop 2||Soft 22.035s|
Maldonado started on soft tyres expecting to make three stops. But race engineer Xevi Pujolar said the team realised within the first few laps he could finish the race with only two visits to the pits.
Like Barrichello he made up ground at the start but couldn’t contain Buemi’s Toro Rosso with its superior straight-line speed.
He picked up a drive-through penalty (his third of the year) for hitting the marker cone at the pit lane exit, which the drivers had been instructed not to do.
The team retired him from the race later on with an engine problem.
2011 Korean Grand Prix
- Hamilton wins close vote for Korean GP Driver of the Weekend
- Unhappy Hamilton and muted crowd in fans’ Korean GP videos
- 2011 Korean Grand Prix: complete race weekend review
- Vote for the Korean GP driver of the weekend
- Red Bull: Team clinch title despite missed one-two
- McLaren: The old Hamilton reappears
- Ferrari: Alonso “gives up” on pursuit of Button
- Mercedes: Unlucky weekend for Schumacher
- Renault: No points for third time in six races
- Toro Rosso: Alguersuari shines in team’s best result for 50 races
Image ?é?® Williams/LAT
Promoted content from around the web | Become an F1 Fanatic Supporter to hide this ad and others