Todfod wins F1 Fanatic Predictions Championship

Predictions Championship

Sebastian Vettel, Mark Webber, Jenson Button, Interlagos, 2011

Sebastian Vettel, Mark Webber, Jenson Button, Interlagos, 2011

Todfod has won this year’s Predictions Championship and tickets to next year’s British Grand Prix.

There was only a point in it after the final race with Todfod finishing on 250 points and Lotusien2 managing 249.

Doance won the final round of the year with Andy.Price finishing as runner-up.

See here for the full championship standings:

Prize winners in full

Grand prize: Todfod wins two grandstands tickets to the 2012 British Grand Prix

Second place prize: Lotusein2 wins an F1 painting of their choice by Rob Ijbema

The following win copies of the Haynes Official F1 Season Review 2011:

Jon Finn, S-D, MattHT, BrawnGP, adamtys, berlinerkindlGP, jimfaekillie, Dave M, florida mike and Pink Peril.

The following win copies of the Haynes Red Bull RB6 manual:

Benc22, penball, malleshmagdum, thekuna and dondada.

The Brazilian Grand Prix round winner was Doance, who wins a pair of F1 DVDs from Duke Video.

The Brazilian Grand Prix runner-up was Andy.Price who wins an official F1 Fanatic mug.

Thanks to everyone who played this year. Congratulations to our 55 prize winners over the course of the season and commiserations to those of you who didn’t win.

The competition prize winners will be sent further details by email later this week.

Here are the top scorers for the Brazilian round:

F1 Fanatic Predictions Championship 2011 - Brazil

PlayerPole TimePole1.2.3.4.5.Points
graham22822101:12.250 VETWEBVETBUTALOHAM31
bplowry01:11.567 VETWEBVETBUTALOHAM31
Doance01:12.104 VETHAMVETBUTALOMAS31
andy.price01:12.205 VETHAMVETBUTALOMAS31
chrispl01:12.222 HAMHAMVETBUTALOMAS29
Prof Kirk01:11.406 WEBWEBVETBUTHAMMAS29
Elreno01:12.112 WEBWEBVETBUTHAMMAS29
icemangrins01:14.232 HAMWEBVETBUTSCHMAS29
TommyB8901:11.111 WEBWEBBUTVETALOMAS22

The prizes

Here are the prizes in full:

Grand prize: Two grandstands tickets to the 2012 British Grand Prix

The person who scores the most points over the whole season will win two grandstand tickets to the 2012 British Grand Prix at Silverstone.

The grand prize winner will receive tickets to all three days of the event with reserved seating for the race.

The winners will have tickets for the Becketts grandstand which offers views of the spectacular, high-speed Becketts complex plus part of the new infield section of the track which saw so much action in the 2010 race.

Car-a-Day painting by Rob Ijbema

Second place prize: An F1 painting of your choice

The second place finisher will win an F1 painting by Rob Ijbema.

You get to choose which F1 driver, present or past, will feature in the painting. Or you can pick one of the other motor racing paintings on Rob’s site Car-a-day.

Runner-up prizes

The players who finish in third to 12th places will each win a copy of the Haynes Official F1 Season Review 2011.

And the players who finish in 13th to 17th places will each win a copy of the Haynes Red Bull RB6 manual.

Duke DVDs

Race winners prize: A pair of F1 DVDs

Duke Video are supplying the prize for the player who gets the highest score in each round.

Each race winner will get to pick any two from the following three new Duke motor racing DVDs:

F1 FAnatic mug

Race runners-up prize: F1 Fanatic mugs

The second place finisher in each race will win an official F1 Fanatic mug.

See here for more details on F1 Fanatic merchandise:

Image ?? Red Bull/Getty images

75 comments on Todfod wins F1 Fanatic Predictions Championship

1. Congrats @todfod! I have probably never been more irritated to see Jenson overtake Alonso than I was on Sunday :-P But, I improved from 6th last year to 4th this time around, which I’m pretty happy with.

2. BrawnGP (@brawngp) said on 30th November 2011, 15:54

Great to do so well after being well out of the running last year. Thanks for the prize Kieth, any chance of it on blue-ray?? :P

3. Mallesh Magdum (@malleshmagdum) said on 30th November 2011, 15:54

Congrats @todfod …..u came out of nowhere…….and i thought @S-D would win this time……..he led for so many races

4. BrawnGP (@brawngp) said on 30th November 2011, 15:55

Oh and congrats to Todford, enjoy the race mate

5. Congratulations @Todfod! And also to the others for trying!

6. ME4ME (@me4me) said on 30th November 2011, 17:11

Congrats Todfod and the rest!

Im quite supriced i got #27 being my first season.
    Already looking forward to next year!

7. 91jb12 (@91jb12) said on 30th November 2011, 18:16

so my wildly optimistic prediciton to steal the win failed. But thanks to Vettel for single-handedly making half my points by winning 11 times and 15 poles.

8. Alonsomatic (@the0506alonsomatic) said on 30th November 2011, 18:21

Congrats to the winner and fellow Alonso fan!! I will be hoping for another Alosnso win at Silverstone for ya!

9. Dan_the_McLaren_fan (@dan_the_mclaren_fan) said on 30th November 2011, 18:55

I had a great start of the season, but from Spa I had only awful results. Sunday was no exception : only 7pt gained, and it pushes me outside the top 100. This year was clearly a bad one, even worse than last year.

I really need to perform better for 2012!

10. icemangrins (@icemangrins) said on 30th November 2011, 19:37

Jesus…. this is the first time my name appeared in a feature. I scored 29 points in Brazil in my rookie season and I featured only in 5 races.

I’m going to a serious contender next year. I just found a “time machine” from the time machine in e-bay…. bazingaaaa

11. Big congrats to Todfod (who I was backing along with Ads because they’re fellow Alonso fans :P) and also congrats to Doance for this round!

12. lotusien2 (@lotusien2) said on 30th November 2011, 19:49

Congrats to Todfod!
    I would not say the truth if I would not say I am a little bit disapointed to miss the Tickets price by only a miserable point! But that’s it!
    Nevertheless I am happy to finish 2nd for my first full season and to have win a GP.
    I will try again next year. ;-)
    And thanks a lot to Keith for this organisation.

13. Icthyes (@icthyes) said on 30th November 2011, 20:18

Well done @Todfod, we got the same score 9 times this year, 10 times too few for my liking ;-)

14. Brakius (@brakius) said on 30th November 2011, 20:46

Congrats to all the winners this year, and a special thanks to Keith and the others involved for organizing this