Caption competition 1: Jenson Button

Caption competition

Jenson Button, Autosport International, 2004

Jenson Button, Autosport International, 2004

Having previously noticed the popularity of the caption competition thread in the forum I decided it was time to give the idea a slot of its own on the website.

And as today sees first public day at Autosport International I thought we should start things off with an earlier picture from the show.

Here’s Jenson Button at the opening of the 2004 event.

What use could the then-BAR driver find for a massive pair of novelty scissors?

Add your comedy caption in the comments and look out for the best in a future Comment of the Day in the daily round-up.

Caption competition

Browse all previous caption competitions

Image ?? Autosport International

171 comments on Caption competition 1: Jenson Button

1 2 3 8
  1. Stephen Jones (@aus_steve) said on 14th January 2012, 9:32

“Who needs Brawn? I’ve got Scissors”

2. OllyF1uk (@ollyf1uk) said on 14th January 2012, 9:34

“Now where do i find those Red Bull electronics again. Muuwaaahaaaa!!”

3. Nixon (@nixon) said on 14th January 2012, 9:35

Don’t race with scissors. :)

4. Mallesh Magdum (@malleshmagdum) said on 14th January 2012, 9:42

REDBULL, Here I come!

5. MISHBEEP said on 14th January 2012, 9:47

” Jenson Button Finally Gets a Hair Cut “

6. Mcnutt said on 14th January 2012, 9:48

Jenson proves he can cut it in formula 1

7. ‘now wheres that williams contract’

8. MISHBEEP said on 14th January 2012, 9:48

” A cut above the rest… Will Jenson Button ever trim the bum fluff? “

9. Cuthbert23 (@cuthbert23) said on 14th January 2012, 9:51

Jenson is the new member of Cutting Crew and has released a remix of Died in your arms.. It is called ‘I Drove with my arms tonight’

10. Sean Newman said on 14th January 2012, 9:51

Driving a BAR Honda or using these to trim my goatee, it’s all the same to me!

Maybe I’ll have more luck with a Braun?

11. charliewatts55 (@charliewatts55) said on 14th January 2012, 9:54

Jenson takes desperate measures to ensure that he gets the lead role in the upcoming head & shoulders advert.

12. dam00r (@dam00r) said on 14th January 2012, 9:54

“Where is Vettels nr.1 finger?”
    “I have a pair of scissors in my cockpit, someone left scissors in my cockpit. What should I do? Throw it away or come in?”
    “Let’s trim Alonsos eyebrows”

• dam00r (@dam00r) said on 14th January 2012, 9:59

“Let’s start corner cutting”

• dam00r (@dam00r) said on 14th January 2012, 10:06

“Are these the scissors that were made to tailor Eddie Jordans shirts?”
      “BAR, could these scissors be an inspiration for improving our aerodynamics of our car?”
      “This is our top secret steering wheel grip strength exercise”
      “My driving style has become smoother from doing this exercise”

• I second your “Let’s trim Alonso’s eyebrows”…rightly so, he has some crazy ones!

• dam00r (@dam00r) said on 14th January 2012, 18:14

“Let’s cut to the chase with this interview/press conference”

13. F1abw (@f1abw) said on 14th January 2012, 9:56

Lewis, I hear Eddie designed you some clothes, just send them this way and I’ll sort them out…..

14. NinjaBadger (@ninjabadger) said on 14th January 2012, 10:06

Jenson’s past may shed light on the mystery behind Vettel’s punctures

15. Magnificent Geoffrey (@magnificent-geoffrey) said on 14th January 2012, 10:07

After having to cut the chicane to pass him, Jenson saw the irony in his Birthday present from Felipe.

16. airtone said on 14th January 2012, 10:08

Any way you slice it, I’ll stay at BAR!

17. Prisoner Monkeys (@prisoner-monkeys) said on 14th January 2012, 10:23

Jenson Button has an unfortunate tell in this year’s paddock-wide rock-paper-scissors contest.

18. Tom Haxley (@welshtom) said on 14th January 2012, 10:29

“OK, so, Jenson can cut faster than you. Can you confirm you understood that message?”

19. DavidS (@davids) said on 14th January 2012, 10:31

Jenson to his engineer: I’m struggling with massive scissors

20. Its not only TV that can make cuts to F1.

1 2 3 8