F1 Fanatic round-up
In the round-up: Senna wins BAFTA awards for Best Documentary and Editing.
Senna won two BAFTAs and was nominated in the Outstanding British Film category. Read F1 Fanatic’s nine-part series on The Making of Senna here:
- The Making of Senna part 9: The response in Brazil
- The Making of Senna part 8: The Death of Ayrton Senna
- The Making of Senna part 7: Imola 1994
- The Making of Senna part 6: The perfect bad guy?
- The Making of Senna part 5: The lost scenes
- The Making of Senna part 4: ‘You’ve never heard F1 sound like this’
- The Making of Senna part 3: Inside the F1 archive
- The Making of Senna part 2: Meeting the Sennas
- The Making of Senna part 1: Life and death
- “Senna” – the Ayrton Senna movie reviewed
“I’ve been through enough on and off the track to know that nothing is forever. I was supposed to be replaced by Kimi [Raikkonen] four years ago.”
“If I look at the whole picture I am happy with the first test. For sure we have found the right direction to go in.”
“Lotus Cars and its Malaysian owner Proton have dismissed speculation that the glamorous, but long-underperforming, UK sports car brand is about to change hands.”
“One scenario has both parties signing provisional contracts; another has each cutting their own deal with Ecclestone – financial suicide that would be, as anyone who has negotiated with Ecclestone can attest, but where desperate folk are involved all rational thinking goes out the window – but one thing is certain: Hockenheim will not shoulder the burden, and plans to stick resolutely to its (already loss-making) contract.”
Follow F1 news as it breaks using the F1 Fanatic live Twitter app.
Comment of the day
As one F1 film scoops a pair of awards, Steve Lambert’s been to see where the next one is being filmed:
Just returned from the part built pits set at Blackbush, Hampshire. I was luckily able to see Hunt and Lauda race at Kyalami in ’76! Needless to say, can’t wait to see a film about these two heroes.
From the forum
Lots of people were planning race trips last weekend – join in the discussion here:
- Monaco 2012
- Going to the 2012 Chinese Grand Prix at Shanghai International Circuit
- Going to the 2012 German Grand Prix at the Hockenheimring
Happy birthday to geo132, Jason, Sebastien Carter, shyguy2008 and Sparky!
On this day in F1
Toro Rosso revealed their second F1 car – the STR2 – on this day in 2007.
Vitantonio Liuzzi and Scott Speed started the season as the team’s drivers. But by the end of the year Speed was out and Sebastian Vettel was in.