F1 Fanatic updates
F1 Fanatic team principal Keith Collantine said: “The new design is an evolution of what we had last year but with several major changes underneath.
“F1 Fanatic has set ambitious targets for its eighth season and we hope to see improvements in performance and reliability this year.”
In a clear violation of the Resource Restriction Agreement, F1 Fanatic has been testing the new version in secret for several months.
“Reliability has been good so far but if anyone encounters any problem we encourage them to let us know.”
Clumsy F1 car launch metaphor ends here
Welcome to the latest version of F1 Fanatic which has been extensively updated for the season ahead.
The goals of the changes included: improving the site’s appearance and functionality across a range of different screen sizes; making navigation clearer and simpler; reducing page load times; fixing existing problems; and adding new features requested by users.
Among the changes you will notice are:
- A wider content area for large screen sizes which scales down for smaller screens and mobile devices
- Larger default video formats
- Larger images in articles and on image preview pages (on new articles)
- Usernames (e.g. @keithcollantine) now appear next to comments for easier @-messaging
- Revised and reorganised menus with an extra level added to the drop-down
- New footer includes archive, popular articles, Predictions Championship standings and members list
- Improved avatar handling
- Various style fixes and improvements
This latest change should also provide a better platform for expansion and improvement in the future.
As ever please leave feedback below.
If you experience a technical problem please tell us about it via this link, which includes instructions on how to supply the right information so we can identify and fix any errors: